Complaint Review: Sirus Xm

• Reported By: Gerald — Boxford Massachusetts United States of America
Sirus Xm
1221 Avenue Of Americas New York, New York United States of America

Sirus Xm I HAVE BEEN HAD New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: Does it matter?

*Consumer Comment: question

When I get ripped off I get very mad. My 6 month trial subscription of Sirusxm was about to expire in 6 days. I called up Sirus Xm and told them I wanted to renew with my Lifetime subsciption that I purchase several years ago.

They said there would be a $75 charge to do this. When I purrchased the lifetime there was never a mention of the $75 charge. I have a 2011 Lincoln MKT that has weather, Trafic, Fuel Prices and several more goodies.

I went to use the Fuel prices and there was a popup that said SirusXm not active call this number. The first time I called I was on hold for 25 minutes and when the advisor came on and I told her my problem I was cut off. I called back waited another twenty minutes and got a person I could not understand and again I was cut off. My third time I was on hold for 30 minutes and got a Advisor and I told her I wanted to speak to a supervisor.

I was put on hold and after 15 minutes of silence I figured I was on hold indefinitly so I hung up and called back. I finally got a male advisor and told him my story and he said that when you have a Liftime subscription you can't get the other services. I said that this was crazy and wanted my $75 back. After about 5 minutes he said he would give me the other services for free but that there would be no refund I said ok.

I waited 20 minutes and I had nothing. I called back and they said that I would have to get a new one year renwal to get my services that I had. I was pissed at this time. After 3 hours on the phone with them I had nothing. I have never been treated this bad as I have with anyone ever in my 71 years of life. I was willing to pay a seperate charge for the other services but they said no because I had a lifetime subsciption.

There never should have been a merger of Sirus and XM radio. This leaves many subsribers out in the cold who have the same problem as I have. I am going to call my Legislator and tell him my problem, I will also call the newspaper and tell them my story. They should be fined heavily for this practice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2011 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sirus-Xm/New-York-New-York-10020/Sirus-Xm-I-HAVE-BEEN-HAD-New-York-New-York-804781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sirus Xm

Does it matter?

AUTHOR: patti - (United States of America)

Does it really matter why he was using the trial subscription.  It comes with the car and the dealer activates it for you before you take delivery.  I bought a new car last year that came with a 3 month trial subscription.  I used it before transferring my lifetime subscription.

question

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Why were you using the trial subscription when you already had a lifetime subscription?