Complaint Review: SiteLock

• Updated: Thu, June 13, 2013

• Reported By: Kelly — California
SiteLock
Internet USA

SiteLock Horrible.. Only take your money and do not resolve issue's! Scottsdale Arizona

I purchased SiteLock's services a few months ago. The rep signed me up for the "maintenance" package plus the firewall. I previously purchased this "hardening" for my Wordpress site as well prior to maintenance and the firewall they said they installed.

The wordpress hardening was a waste of $150, it later got hacked a week later after he said it eliminates up to 90% of hacks. The hardening does not do a single thing to make the site secure or safe.

So after the hardening I was foolish and purchased maintenance and a firewall. Spent over $1000. My site still continues to get hacked. The firewall is supposed to eliminate all hacks, no my site still gets hacked!!! My site was even blacklisted after the firewall was installed.

So good thing I have the maintenance for "free cleans" right? WRONG! They try to upsell me even with everything I have bought. They say and tell me the site is clean and send it to Google and they will not remove me from the blacklist. They tried to upsell me to purchase a new design from there.. a website security company that doesn't provide security wants to build me a site?? HAHAH that is a JOKE!

After one cleaning with SiteLock I had my hosting company take a look the site was still infected with malware and a backdoor file that was never removed and cleaned from the site.

The customer service is horrible and the services they offer do not help. Their reps are not educated and trained as they should be they only care about their sales calls. The manager never even called me back either after I requested to speak with a manager directly.

Horrible! Don't spend and waste your money at this company. Huge scam. Does not properly clean sites, the engineers are not in the U.S. either so someone in another country has access to your site, staff is not trained and experienced and you will never get a refund with this company. They do not protect your site from being hacked like they say.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SiteLock/internet/SiteLock-Horrible-Only-take-your-money-and-do-not-resolve-issues-Scottsdale-Arizona-1058954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SiteLock