Complaint Review: Sitestar NW Internet

• Reported By: Evelyn — Marysville California United States of America
Sitestar NW Internet
Timberlake Road Lynchburg, Virginia United States of America

Sitestar NW Internet Internet Service Provider Lynchburg, Virginia

Sitestar acquired my previous internet service provider.  I was very pleased with the former company.  However, from the beginning, I had nothing but problems with Sitestar.  Finally, after months of lousy support, confusing statements, charges I never agreed to and unsatifactory customer service, I cancelled.  I posted my cancellation notice to them on the "contact us" part of the website.  I do not have proof of that because I did not know you could print an email sent to them through the "contact us" part fo their website.  Shortly thereafter, Sitestar sent another ebill to my old internet address.  I notified them that I had already cancelled, in a timely fashion, and was no longer using their services.  They claimed they did not get a cancellation from me (how convenient!) and that I must pay for another month's service.  I disputed the bill and told them I would not pay as I had cancelled in a timely fashion.  I heard nothing further from them, so I assume the matter was resolved.  Then, 18 months later, I received a statement from them in the U.S. mail claiming that I owed them $39.95 for one month's service plus $3.00 per month for several months for something they called "man process fee" including several months AFTER the service was cancelled.  I offered to pay them $19.95 by way of compromise.  They refused.  I have reported them to the BBB and learned that they have an "F" rating with BBB because of hundreds of complaints.  Their practices amount to extortion.  If anyone is pursuing a class action lawsuit, I would be very interested in joining.  Or, if you have any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.  This is not about the $39.95, it's about the dishonest business/billing practices of this disreputable company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2011 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sitestar-NW-Internet/Lynchburg-Virginia-/Sitestar-NW-Internet-Internet-Service-Provider-Lynchburg-Virginia-714582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sitestar NW Internet