Complaint Review: Sitestar (Velocitus)

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:Grangeville Idaho
Sitestar (Velocitus)
7109 Timberlake Road, Suite 201 Lynchburg, Virginia U.S.A.

Sitestar (Velocitus) BEWARE will try to rip you off AFTER you cancelled internet service Lynchburg Virginia

This internet company, Sitestar, just dunned me, by mail, for $177.40 suggesting my account is 90 days past due. I have not had an account with this company for over two years, when it was cancelled. While a customer, Sitestar/Velocitus has my credit card number on file and, in fact, attempted to charge me for months BEYOND my paid through/cancellation date. At the time that occurred, around 2 years ago, I had my credit card company dispute those OVERPAYMENT charges to my credit card.

I do not appreciate the incompetency of this company but, moreover, it should be illegal for them to threaten collection action on a long-since CLOSED account, using coercive wordage, demands, and threats. I telephoned 'Kim' in their Billing Department, she became rude and hung up on me, hence no resolution to this matter. This company redefines customer service in a profoundly negative way.

Sitestar could be making lots of money utilizing this unethical business practice. The FCC does not regulate these types of problems. However, they have recommended to me to contact the state consumer protection office or if there is possible fraud involved, contact the Federal Trade Commission or the Department of Justice's Internet Fraud Complaint Center. Should you have a similar experience to mine and Joe's, I recommend you do the same thing.

Whatever you do, do NOT succumb to their threats, demands, and verbal abuse from their customer support departments by paying a bill you do not owe. Write the BBB of Western Virginia and the aforementioned agencies.

A big 'thanks' to Joe for sharing his experience here, nearly identical to my own.

Jeffrie
Grangeville, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2008 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sitestar-Velocitus/Lynchburg-Virginia-24502/Sitestar-Velocitus-BEWARE-will-try-to-rip-you-off-AFTER-you-cancelled-internet-service-L-310981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sitestar (Velocitus)