Complaint Review: Sitestar

• Submitted: Thu, October 04, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 04, 2012

• Reported By: Music62 — Morristown New Jersey United States of America
7109 Timberlake Road Lynchburg, Virginia United States of America

Sitestar Failed to notify of Terms of Service, change of ownership, increase of rates; engaged deceptive business practices Lynchburg, Virginia

My ISP (theriver.com) was acquired by Sitestar in 2008; Sitestar failed to notify me that it acquired theriver.com, failed to notify me of changes to Terms of Service of my agreement with theriver.com, failed to notify me of an increase to my rate, etc. Sitestar sent me a bill that amounted to a 67% increase over theriver.com, but I had never heard of Sitestar.

After repeated attempts to contact Sitestar at the two phone numbers listed on the postcard billing (one number was 'out of service' and the other was NEVER answered), I switched my service to another provider. Sitestar continued to bill me for 12 months' service, then in August 2009 sent a letter demanding payment for two years of service. I immediately replied with a letter providing "a valid reason for a credit to be issued" as requested in its Demand for Payment.

Sitestar never replied, nor did it send another bill. A reasonable person would conclude that the matter had been handled per my request. Over three years passed with no communication. Then in August 2012 I received a phone call from a collection agency demanding payment in full of the original two year billing. I filed a complaint with the state AG's ofc and Sitestar's response was filled with misrepresentations of the facts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sitestar/Lynchburg-Virginia-24502/Sitestar-Failed-to-notify-of-Terms-of-Service-change-of-ownership-increase-of-rates-e-950736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sitestar