Complaint Review: Sitestar

• Updated: Tue, January 04, 2011

• Reported By: AbusedConsumer — Eureka California United States of America
Sitestar
PO Box 4249, lynchburg, Virginia United States of America

Sitestar Wouldn't refund my money, won't cancel my service, late fees, threatening collections. lynchburg, Virginia

Sitestar NW Internet.

My elderly mother was paying six months at a time for her internet, I switched her provider to a satellite internet service one month into her prepaid six months of service. So I called them to see if they would refund me the rest the months fees. Apparently they won't do refunds. So I canceled my service, or so I thought. Six months later I get a bill, so I call them again, this time they say they need a written cancellation, so I send them one (In this day and age?????). Then I get another bill this time with a late fee.

So I call them and tell them I have cancelled and won't be paying them any money. Another bill comes. This time I email them telling them that I am not paying for late fees or months of service that I didn't agree to. Now a full year and 4 months later I receive a bill threatening my last chance before the collections agency. I'll give the billing department one last try tomorrow but this is some B.S. I should be charging them for my time and for the balance on my account when I first cancelled.

At this point I'd rather deal with the collections agency than Sitestar, that's how bad their service is. I'm guessing this company isn't doing well otherwise they wouldn't be trying to scam elderly people out of a few extra bucks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2011 01:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sitestar/lynchburg-Virginia-24502/Sitestar-Wouldnt-refund-my-money-wont-cancel-my-service-late-fees-threatening-collec-678343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sitestar