Complaint Review: Sitestar/CPU-net=Velocitus

• Updated: Mon, November 02, 2009

• Reported By: Brian — Callaway Virginia United States of America
Sitestar/CPU-net=Velocitus
7109 Timberlake Rd. Lynchburg, Virginia United States of America

Sitestar - CPU-net - Velocitus - Sitestar.net Tried charging my credit card 6 months after account was closed in writing Lynchburg, Virginia

I opened an account over the phone with CPU-net over 4 years ago.On April 6,2009 I closed this account in writing. On April 8, 2009 my credit card was charged for 6 months of service (April-Oct,2009). I contacted in writing Sitestar's billing manager and told her what had happened and she said she would credit back my credit card. On April 9, 2009 my card was refunded the full amount. I thought this was the end. I was wrong. On Oct. 28, 2009 I received a bill from Sitestar for 6 months of service (April-Oct 2009) and a $25 bounce fee.
I contacted sitestar's billiing dept. and told them this problem was taken care of back in April, 2009 by their billing manager. I faxed them 9 pages of documentation and emails from the April conversations. They threatened me with turning this over to a collection agency if I didn't pay. When I refused, they said they would settle for 1 month and the $25 bounce fee. My answer was no. I then contacted my local TV station (Channel 10 Problem Solvers) I am curious to see what happens.To me this is either fraud or extortion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2009 06:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SitestarCPU-netVelocitus/Lynchburg-Virginia-24502/Sitestar-CPU-net-Velocitus-Sitestarnet-Tried-charging-my-credit-card-6-months-afte-518358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sitestar/CPU-net=Velocitus