Complaint Review: SitterCity.com

• Submitted: Mon, September 13, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2010

• Reported By: katehat — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
SitterCity.com
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, 2nd floor Chicago, Illinois United States of America

SitterCity.com Sitter City Corporate Program Faulty Background Check results, deletion of caregiver accounts Chicago, Illinois

*Author of original report: RE: SitterCity

*UPDATE Employee: Sittercity

As an experienced caregiver, I'm incredibly disappointed with sittercity.com. When I was married, over 6 months ago,  and took my husband's last name, SitterCity's background check service, LexisNexis, failed to update their information - the next thing I know, my background check has 4 "risk indicators", stating my SSN is false or my last name is false, and 24 hours later, before I could even complete the dispute, sittercity deleted my account altogether and refused to return my phonecalls.

Meanwhile, their competitor's caregiver site uses Axciom, which had no problem obtaining my up-to-date information and provided me with a cleared background check.

I've been in the childcare profession for over 10 years and it was incredibly insulting to have sittercity treat me like some sort of criminal based on faulty results from their own company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2010 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SitterCitycom/Chicago-Illinois-60654/SitterCitycom-Sitter-City-Corporate-Program-Faulty-Background-Check-results-deletion-of-640119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SitterCity.com

RE: SitterCity

AUTHOR: katehat - (United States of America)

I called SitterCity THREE times yesterday and sent an email, as well. Absolutely no one responded, and I was sent to a voice mail system every time I called yesterday. However, as soon as this report was noticed, someone was immediately on the phone with me.

Had SitterCity contacted me with concern for my personal well-being and not in an attempt to simply cover their own reputation, I'd hold them in much higher standing. This is terrible business etiquette and only increases my wariness.

Sittercity

AUTHOR: Ashley - (United States of America)

I'm very sorry you had that experience. As you stated, Sittercity uses LexisNexis to run our background checks, so we'll need to work with them to get this issue resolved. If you contact Jerome, who is our Manager of Member Services, he'll be able to walk you through the process to get this fixed. He can be reached directly at 312.428.4670 or emailed at jderradji@sittercity.com.

Please feel free to let me know should you have any more questions.

Thanks,