Complaint Review: SkinBeauties

• Updated: Thu, July 04, 2013

• Reported By: Pamela — Glendale Arizona
SkinBeauties
1285 Baring Blvd 297 Sparks, Nevada USA

SkinBeauties AKA Equinox, Sheridan Labs Inc Scams, Lies and Ripped Off Sparks Nevada

I recieved an email from a company called Skinbeauties offering a free sample of a product called: RVTL Anti-Aging cream. I did have to pay for the S/H cost of $4.95. My checking account was debited on 4-24-2013. (average ship time - 5-7 business days in the states) Unsure exactly when I recieved the product but on May 8th, 2013 I noticed another charge for $89.00. I called the company SKINBEAUTIES @ 855-441-7912 and cancelled my order with them. I asked for a refund and they told me that I would have to contact my bank if I wanted my money back. So I did.... Called my financial institute and told them the situation. I filed a dispute, cancelled my credit/debit card and had them send me out a new one. I did receive a credit for 84.05 that is less the S/H fee. Per the banks advice.  (how they came up with that amount im not sure)

Well, on July 2, 2013 I saw on my checking account a credit reversal for the amount of $84. [continued below]....

.....05 by Skinbeauties. It caused my checking account to become overdrawn. In the end I recieved 3 overdraft fees and 1 overdraft protection fee. I called the claims dept of my bank and asked about the credit reversal. They explained that Skinbeauties sent a letter claiming I recieved not only the sample but an entire set of their product. I did recieve a small sample jar of the product and that was it. NOTHING ELSE. I asked to dispute this again. My bank said that I could not because I didnt cancel within the "14 day trial period".

I told them that I did call the company Skinbeauties and cancelled with them. My bank told me once a claim was closed they cannot do anything else for me. They cannot open a new claim for the same incident. At this point im at my wits end. The company does offer 30-day money back garauntee as well. Why can my bank honor that? I called and cancelled 14 days after and its still under the 30 day mark as well. How is it that they can do this? This isnt fair and the product doesnt even work. Im not even sure at this point if any of it makes sense. Its caused such a domino effect and has totally screwed me over. I need help. Is there someone that can help?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SkinBeauties/Sparks-Nevada-89434/SkinBeauties-AKA-Equinox-Sheridan-Labs-Inc-Scams-Lies-and-Ripped-Off-Sparks-Nevada-1064493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SkinBeauties