- Report: #1063297
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Skinner Meineke Inc
Skinner Meineke Inc2177 SOUTH PACIFIC HIGHWAY Medford, Oregon USA
Skinner Meineke Inc AKA Skinner Autoplex AKA Meineke Car Care Center of Medford Wrong Parts Used, Damaged Car During Repair, Refused to Repairr Damage Done, refused to Refund Medford Oregon
I am writing to express my complete dissatisfaction with your company’s recent service on the exhaust system on my 1997 Subaru Outback. I wish to formally and respectfully request that you refund all monies paid to you to date, $200 for such service as well as full and complete reimbursements of all monies paid to others who performed work in order to correct the many errors that occurred and were made regarding parts and workmanship in the amount of $900. Cancellation and revocation of any credit agreements made between your organization and myself as I do no0t consider the work performed as being complete or to expectation. A reimbursement of late fees and penalties as was paid to the State of Oregon due to being late in registering my vehicle due to not passing QED as a result of the work done and not done by your organization. Furthermore, I expect a complete written apology for the manner in which I was treated by you and the people within your organization. [continued below]....
I am prepared to pursue the requested remedies through legal means if necessary and I am quite prepared to report you, your company and all involved employees to such entities including but limited to the Oregon Department of Justice Consumer Protection Department, the Better Business Bureau for Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington in order to have a report on file (with the understanding that they are not an enforcement agency but a reporting agency), Meineke Car Care Franchise Management, Meineke Corporation Management and Corporate Executives, local media, and etc.
I have a prepared a chronological recap of all occurrences as involves this situation. I Have had to have to car repaired elsewhere and I have a detailed report describing what can only be called “shoddy and unprofessional” work done by your shop on my car and I have photos which document such work.
Among the many things that have led to this is the very rude manner in which I was treated when trying to ascertain exactly what had been to my car and the disrespect shown to me by your employees that included insults, laughing and threats.
I have prepared a partial list of what I feel are important points as regards the way your company handled the situation from the start as well as descriptions of the work that was found by another shop.
- According to State of Oregon law, a written estimate was required and was to be signed before any work was to take place on this or any automobile. Meineke failed to provide such and commenced work. Under Oregon law, vehicle repair shops must provide consumers with a written estimate for vehicle repair costs, and receive the owner’s approval based upon the written estimate, prior to repairing or tearing down their motor vehicle.
- Parts used appeared to be non-conforming to auto manufacturer’s specifications for new or replacement parts
- Parts that were used were modified or installed incorrectly and in some cases appear to have presented current or near future safety issues. For example:
- Catalytic Converter did not fit properly was modified
- Hanger was cut and re-welded resulting in mid-pipe to hang lower than what is considered normal
- Front O2 sensor interfered with passenger side CV axle at which point it was purposely relocated resulting with the sensor being in contact with the transaxle
- Rear converter gasket flange was not lined up properly and was “pinched” at the top resulting in exhaust leak
- Front O2 sensor was damaged and was taped to auto wiring harness resulting in check engine light being on
I do have photographs showing these issues as well as the very shoddy work that was done including unprofessional welds, installation of parts and etc. Please see examples of such photographs further in this letter.
In addition, I am in possession of all parts that were installed by your mechanics as further evidence of the quality of work performed by your company. These parts will be returned to you upon any settlement either directly or through the courts.
I am in hopes that you and your company will realize that I have been wronged in many ways as a result of my experience with your company and that you are professional enough or at least concerned enough about the well-being of your business to do the right thing.
While I await your response, I will continue to document the details of my experience in preparation of moving forward as aforementioned in this letter.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2013 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skinner-Meineke-Inc/Medford-Oregon-97501/Skinner-Meineke-Inc-AKA-Skinner-Autoplex-AKA-Meineke-Car-Care-Center-of-Medford-Wrong-Par-1063297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)