Complaint Review: Skip White Performance

• Updated: Thu, October 10, 2013

• Reported By: Needham Enterprises, Inc. — Louisa Virginia
Skip White Performance
1910 Brookside Lane , Select State/Province USA

Skip White Performance Will not honor a warranty claim on an engine purchase / have spent $6800.00 with this company Kingsport Tennesee

*Author of original report: Missed the apology

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Our side of the story.

Recently purchased a 383 cu.in. complete prerun engine at a cost of $4,950.00 plus $436.00 shipping from this outfit that included a 3 year warranty. The engine was installed in a customer's 1964 corvette. Acquired an oil leak soon after start up.

After time spent trying to identify location of leak, it was determined to be from the rear of the engine. That required removing transmission, bellhousing, clutch assembly, & flywheel. Cleaned up area on back of engine, reinstalled flywheel, & ran engine to pinpoint.

Leak was from the rear main seal. Upon removal, it was found to be damaged from their installation.

I called & talked with the sales rep David that I been communicating with thru the engine purchase in addition to over $1,400.00 of other parts purchased to file a warranty claim with them for six hours spent at an hourly rate of $68.00 plus cost of the new seal at $30.00 to a total of $438.00.

Without even a discussion with me, I was left a voicemail message that they will remit a check for $150.00.

I called back to express my disappointment to David & ask to talk with the decision maker Skip White & was informed that he can only be reached thru his email

Skip apparently determined that my time running a business only pays $20.00 per hour for warranty.

For $20.00 an hour, I will spend as much time as I can to advertise his democratic learned way of taking care of his customers & his professionalism to ignore the people who have spent they're hard earned money buying his products. He does a lot of business on Ebay. Once again, warranty on looks good on paper.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2013 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skip-White-Performance/Select-StateProvince/Skip-White-Performance-Will-not-honor-a-warranty-claim-on-an-engine-purchase-have-spent-1090907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skip White Performance

Missed the apology

AUTHOR: Needham Enterprises, Inc. - ()

The apologetic response & the time it took both reveal the professionalism of this business owner. I misunderstood one of the reasons of being in business is to take care or try to take care of your paying customers.

I did call this problem in weeks before taking the initative & had to continue to make the calls without any returns. And yes, I took care of my customer & repaired their mistakes. How do work with someone you cannot reach?

I failed. Unfortunately the mistake I had made was in not researching what type of reputation Skip has from reading his Ebay feedback on his lack of communication to his customers. Notice the swordfight of words because of not communicating with a customer.

How do you justify this rebuttal after spending over $6800.00 with Skip's company & flush a customer because his employee damaged a $30.00 seal. So I lost over $400 of shop income to pay my employee to correct. Thats why I'm in business, to lose money & take care of my customer.

My recommendation is to deal with his father's company White Performance. I was educated about Skip by his sales rep & talking with his father's sales rep. Must be bad blood.

Once again, life is an experience. I had another bad one. It's all about the money...he's got mine. The regretable part of doing business.

Thanks for showing your true colors by not sending the $150.00 I was told I would receive for warranty

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Our side of the story.

AUTHOR: Skip - ()

You failed to follow the policy of our warranty. Never once did you contact us about the problem prior to your decision to have this fixed. Our warranty clearly states that an estimate in writing is to be sent to us prior to making any repairs on the engine. Your decision to handle this your way, and expect to charge us any amount you feel like is not going get you the results you expect. You were a very difficult customer from the day one.

Your over expectations of how this was to be handled are evident in your complaint you posted against us. We do run into customers such as you on occasion and find them near impossible to satisfy. The above retail amount you are demanding will not be paid by us, and had you contacted us in the begining we could have told you an approx. amount we would be willing to pay to fix an oil leak.