Complaint Review: SkyBox TV

• Submitted: Tue, February 26, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, February 26, 2002

• Reported By:Alpharetta GA
SkyBox TV
4475 Green River Parkway, Suite 100 Duluth, Georgia U.S.A.

SkyBox TV does it again!! Big-time rip-off!!!

*0: Update - 2/27/02 SkyBox TV is not at address!!!!!

I can not believe that me and my husband got sucked into this!!! We ordered the system back in November, 2001. Because it took so long to get the equipment and installation, we decided to cancel, which we called and did. Well, there was still a charge to my credit card that month of $39.95. I have been trying to call the phone numbers I know of for the past 3 month, to find out what is going on. Well, then I got my credit card statement today to find another charge for the $189, as so many other people have reported also. I do not see why we should have to pay a charge for not getting the service connected in a certain amount of time if we cancelled the service in the first place.

Let me tell you what we have done so far to try to get SOME form of satisfaction in this matter.

1) Contacted the credit card company and filled out dispute forms for the 2 amounts. We have also reported SkyBox TV to the Fraud unit at the credit card company.
2) Filed 2 reports with the Better Business Bureau.
3) Filed a police report at the Duluth, Georgia Police Department.
4) Filed a complaint form with the Georgia State Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs.

The next step is to contact our attorney, if the charge is not taken off of our bill, which I hope it will be.

It is shame that putting your trust in a company that provides a CUSTOMER SERVICE can come back and bite you like that! What is the world coming to? The people responsible for this fraud should be tracked down and put in jail. It will be a long time before we trust an offer like that again.

If anyone has found any other ways to battle this and get money refunded or credited, please post it on this website.

Thank you!

Jennifer
Alpharetta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SkyBox-TV/Duluth-Georgia-30096/SkyBox-TV-does-it-again-Big-time-rip-off-15176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SkyBox TV

#1 0

Update - 2/27/02 SkyBox TV is not at address!!!!!

AUTHOR: - ()

Well isn't this a shocker!!! My husband went over to the address where SkyBox TV is, and, guess what? There is no one there!!! No company, nobody working in the building, nothing!!!! I wonder where and when these criminals will strike next!!!!! If anyone knows the whereabouts of this compnay, please post it.
Thanks!