Complaint Review: Skye-Trust Financial Services, sky-tech Investments, USA, CONSUMER PROMOTION DRAWING

• Submitted: Sat, June 13, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 13, 2009

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
5170 Fairview Blvd, Suite 213 St John, New Foundland Canada

Skye-Trust Financial Services, sky-tech Investments, USA, CONSUMER PROMOTION DRAWING, Cash check/send them Gst, St John, New Foundland canada

I was sent a letter stating I won a "Consumer Promotion Drawing" that Walmart, Sams Club, Kroger, Sears, Circuit City, Dillards, Home Depot, HEB and/or Safeway entered me into this drawing.

I am suppose to cash a "Government Service Tax" check for $ 4,975.00 to send to them via Money Gram or Western Union. Once I send them the check for the full amount, they will then send me a check for $270,000.00.

Now, I spent an hour on the phone with "James" who in the first call said his name was "John Roberts". We argued back and forth regarding the amount, how he came up with it; if it was real why would I have a letter that was "copied" verses a legal document stating I won this money?!

I told him I cashed the check, which I didn't and he told me if I didn't send him the money today, he would stop payment on the check once he got it back. I also contacted the bank who informed me that the checking account was active but they would release no more info to me.

This is definitely a Scam and this is my third time with this type of scam. Please beware of what you get in the mail, email, etc.

Ko
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2009 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skye-Trust-Financial-Services-sky-tech-Investments-USA-CONSUMER-PROMOTION-DRAWING/St-John-New-Foundland-A3B-5X7/Skye-Trust-Financial-Services-sky-tech-Investments-USA-CONSUMER-PROMOTION-DRAWING-Cash-461425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skye-Trust Financial Services, sky-tech Investments, USA, CONSUMER PROMOTION DRAWING