Complaint Review: Skyline Publishing

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: SmallBusinessOwner — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Skyline Publishing
P.O. Box 9014 Internet United States of America

Skyline Publishing SCAM; Defraud; Liars; Theives; SCAMMERS; Swindlers; hustlers; rude, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We meet again.

*Consumer Comment: Tis True

*UPDATE Employee: Absolutely NOT TRUE!!!

Skyline Publishing contacted me by phone, offering to print an ad for my business in a map which will distributed all over the area- at least 35,000 maps with my ad on it, wow! I get as many as I want, they will design my ad, and tens of thousands of people will see it?! I agreed.

2 days later I get an invoice for $200 in the mail. Thankfully, I didn't pay.

I then find out that there won't be maps- maybe there will be one, and I will be the only one receiving it. It won't be all over grocery stores, convenience stores, realtor offices, small businesses, and welcome centers. A poorly and hastily made copy will be sent to me- probably won't even be correct information. They never even wanted or asked for my correct information- all they drilled was send the money, send the money!

This is a scam, pure, plain, and simple. "Jennifer" is nasty, low-class, and RUDE. Screaming at me (how unprofessional, appalling, and downright shocking!)! They prey upon small businesses, hoping to just get checks sent to them for nothing in return. Preying upon small business owners who work hard for their money. Duping people. Skyline Publishing and their employees should be ashamed of themselves. They belong in prison.

I sent no money, and I will send no money. I urge others to see through this scam, don't fall for Skyline Publishing and their SCAM!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2010 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skyline-Publishing/internet/Skyline-Publishing-SCAM-Defraud-Liars-Theives-SCAMMERS-Swindlers-hustlers-rude-In-644055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skyline Publishing

We meet again.

AUTHOR: skylinepub - (USA)

Oh Mr. R**** here you are again. I hope you enjoy your time on ripoff report.com. You seem to spend a great deal of time looking up our company. Again you have your facts incorrect sir. The verification recordings are never altered and we have no way to alter them. Do you really think anyone in their right mind would spend the time and money to alter a recording for $50.00? Really? It's a very simple process when the call is recorded it is saved in a google account. Then we just email it to a customer if they ask for it. Again there is no way to alter the recording.

Also, you seem to again have your facts messed up as far as a lawsuit in 2007. At that time we were a new business and we were selling advertising space on sports calenders. We made donations to each and every school athletic department we did a calender for. We donated thousands and thousands of dollars to schools all over the country. The law suit was about us not having a fundraising license. I'm sure you just missed that part. We never mislead any one and told every customer that we were not affiliated with the athletic department but since we had sold advertising and donated money we were supposed to have a fundraising license.

We were unaware of this. Also, we did not lose the lawsuit instead we settled it. We decided it was better to just pay a fine and move on. If you note we were not the only business included in that lawsuit but we were the only ones to settle. The others have done nothing. Part of the settlement was that we were not going to sell advertising on sports calenders any more so we decided to start selling other publications. We not only sell advertising on city maps and county relocation guides. We have never changed our name either. We have been Loyalty Publishing since day 1. All-star publishing was a DBA name when we soild sports calenders and Skyline Publishing is a DBA for our maps and guides.

I guess know that you know the facts you have no reason to continue your slanderous efforts. At any time you could have called and asked us about these things but you didn't care about the truth, you only cared about hurting our company. I hope now that you know the truth you will end your hurtful comments and untrue statements.

Tis True

AUTHOR: tired of it - (United States of America)

These people promise you anything then relentlessly haunt stalk and will LIE to you.  They say they have recorded conversations but you only hear 1 side.  Creative editing (audio) that does not start from hello and end with goodbye.  They promised no more harrassment if I would make 1 more small(extorted) payment.  Then wat a year and continue.  They mess up your credit rating all with the push of a pen with Nothing to back them up as to why bill wasnt paid.  Your word againt them and they Are liars.  See Illinois court case in 2007 with Attorney General Robyn Ziegle.  They lost, refunded and paid up, then changed their names.  Same people, same lies, and they can get by with it till people say enuff is enuff.  Do Not Trust- -RUN

Absolutely NOT TRUE!!!

AUTHOR: skylinepub - (United States of America)

We are responsing to the complaint from small business owner in Pheonix, AZ. We think we know who this customer is and find it very interesting that they would call our customer service rep nasty and low class considering the words that this customer was using and the names that our rep was called.

First they say that they were told 35,000 maps well that's a lie they were never told that. We distribute up to 10,000 copies for 12 months and this is what they were told. Also, yes each advertiser can request maps to hand out to customers and most do. We send out the invoice the day the ad is placed and then send the proof map out once it has been put together. Obviously this takes time.

I don't know why the customer thought there wouldnt be any maps or that we would only send them to the advertisers. We never told them that and they never bothered to ask us. They obviously just assumed or maybe they read on here some of the lies that are written about our company.

We most definitly do send out bulk supplies of the maps to advertisers as well as the distribution points that we set up. Since we have thousands of repeat customers every year we must have satisfied customers. We understand that with having so many customers sometimes there are people who are unhappy but we always do everything possible to make them happy. If this customer would have called and been calm and professional we would have been able to better assist them.

We don't feel it is right for this customer to say that a poorly and hastily made copy will probably be sent to them with probably the wrong information. If you are going to complain about a company don't use the word probably or assume things because you don't know the truth. We actually have a team of professional graphic designers with many years experience. We also informed the customer that we had the ad information already for them. We also send proof maps to each and every customer to make sure everything is correct and that they are satisfied with everything. This customer didn't even let us get that far. They just assumed that we were a bad company with out having anything to back it up.

We never drilled them to send the money. Just like every customer we asked if they wanted to prepay and they said no so we told them we would invoice them out, which we did. We never pressure people to prepay. You either want to or you don't.

This customer is wrong in saying we are a scam and have no proof to back that up. We however have a recording with them ordering the ad as well as a recording of this customer screaming and calling our customer service rep terrible names. We are a very professional company and again do everything possible to make every customer happy. It is interesting that the same person who uses the language that this customer did is the same person who called Jenifer nasty, low class and rude. We DO NOT prey on small business and do not only care about money. We are a small family run business ourselves and do not deserve to be attacked on this website by people who are mad about nothing.

When this company called and stated they wanted to cancel because they saw a negative report about us they were told someone from the customer service dept. would be calling them back to go over that. They were called numerous times and left numerous messages. Finally we were able to reach them and we tried to explain that the information on that report was false and they would not listen. All the customer wanted to do was scream and call names. We tried to explain the they would be receiving a proof copy and they refused to listen to anything.

We believe this customer is making this up and trying to make us look bad because they were upset by other false reports made on this website. If I am able to figure out how to put it on this report I will be including the recording of this customer screaming and cussing at the rep and then maybe people reading this will realize that we are not the bad guys here it is the businesses like this who make up stories and try to bad mouth companies to get out of paying a bill they owe.

em