Complaint Review: Skyline Publishing

• Updated: Mon, March 12, 2012

• Reported By: Honest Customer — Danville California United States of America
Skyline Publishing
peoria, Illinois United States of America

About two years ago I (Realtor) was contacted on my cell phone about obtaining 500 local maps, with my photo, business address, contact info, etc. The cost was to be $450. They would be placed at numerous locations; post office, grocery stores, gas stations. They had me look at their samples online, and it looked good. So I asked them to mail me a sample with what my map would look like, which a few
weeks later came in the mail. It was amateurish, it looked like something that was cut and paste together. My business info (which was incorrect) was in tiny print (non-legible) in the middle of a map of the entire state of California (not local of our city as promised). I called them and said that the workmanship was terrible and I wasn't interested.

Then the phone calls started. Can't remember her name, but boy was she as nasty as they come. Relentless, I lost count after over 100 calls, for weeks. The number she always dialed from was 309-692-1351. The warnings about how she had me on a recorder saying to order the maps. I explained to her that I never once ordered the maps, and that a recording would not hold up in court, even if they did record
the conversation, I never agreed to pay them for maps. I told her to stop bothering me, but she never did. She kept saying they would report me to the credit bureau, and she would send it to collections.

Recently, about two months ago, I received a letter from them for a $300 bill, saying if I paid it within 30 days, they would agree to reduce the amount due.

Ignored it.

Today I received a call from a Bernstein & Bernstein law firm from the phone number 727-595-7396; supposedly calling to collect the money that I do not owe. When I told them that I didn't owe any money, that I never received the order they claim they sent, the line went dead. Not sure if it was because our connections died, or they just hung-up.

Im sure Ill receive a rebuttal from one of their fine employees who claims the other 32 reports/complaints on them that I have found online are fabricated. I hope the district attorney gets involved, I already saw that the Better Business Bureau has received numerous complaints. That many people cant all be lying.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2012 10:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skyline-Publishing/peoria-Illinois-61612/Skyline-Publishing-UNBELIEVABLE-RIP-OFFHAVE-BEEN-HARRASSING-ME-FOR-TWO-YEARS-NOW-peor-852908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skyline Publishing