Complaint Review: Skylink USA

• Updated: Mon, August 19, 2013

• Reported By: DM — Baltimore Maryland
Skylink USA
Phoenix, Arizona USA

Skylink USA / N. Point Serv / North Point Web Mall / West Gate Media New Name (again), Same Scamming Company! Phoenix Arizona

I answered a phone call from Skylink USA, but the caller ID read "N Point Serv". A rep named Marco offered me a business opportunity - for a one-time fee of $105, they will set me up with a webpage that has links to 20 major retailers, such as Target, Walmart, Pet Smart, Macy's, Best Buy, Toys R Us, etc, etc.

Their offer is that I will get commission checks for a % of all purchases made on my site, plus I will save money at each of the stores that are listed on my site. They will take care of driving traffic through my site, because "we only make money if you make money". He assured me that it is risk-free, as they offer a 30 day money back garuntee, and if I stick with the program for 90 days, they will refund the $105 along with my 3rd monthly commision check. He said they have a 95% rate of success, with people making between $5,000 and $1500 a month, the average monthly check being $900.

I questioned him closely because I feared a scam, and I searched online for information on the company. I couldn't find anything, so I handed over my credit card info when Hillary from the Skylink USA Validation Department called back a few minuted later. She gave me a confirmation number, and the money left my account within 5 minutes. Hillary set up a phone appointment for the following week with a "business mentor" named Steven Wilson, who would customize my page and get me started in business.

Skylink called me from two numbers: 602-242-3514 (busy when I called back) and 602-242-4046 (answered by Hillary when I called back). As reccomended by another report on this site, I googled North Point Web Mall, and found reports on whocallsme.com of a pretty identical pitch from a VERY similar number originating in Phoenix, AZ: 602-242-4014. When I had asked Hillary where they are located, she answered "Arizona" - no city. She reluctantly confirmed when I asked if they were in Phoenix.

According to the Arizona BBB, North Point Web Mall is a new alias for West Gate Media, LLC which they started using in November 2012. They have a credit score of F. I called the customer service number provided by Skylink (888-299-5516) which rang twice and went to voicemail. I left my name and number, and received a call back in about 2 minutes from a different lady, who identified herself as Sharon Smith. She denied any relationship to West Group Media, and did not know why their number showed up with a caller ID of "N Point Serv".

I informed her that I believed they are all the same company, and I want to cancel my enrollment. She told me it would take 3-5 business days for the money to go back on the card as it would have to go throught their accounting department, and hung up. Although she addressed me by my last name, she did not ask for any other information about me or my account, so I wonder how she is planning to refund that money without knowing where it is supposed to go. Luckily, I'm not relying on them anyway - that's what my bank is for.

Let's get the message out, so some hits start popping up when someone googles "Skylink USA" - SKYLINK IS A WEB MALL SCAM! Please PLEASE post a report if you got involved with them, and contact ArizonaBBB.com (602-264-1721). Even if you didn't actually get scammed and don't file an official complaint, they ARE tracking inquiries.

PS. Aliases and phone numbers as listed by ArizonaBBB.com are: West Gate Media, LLC, Grand Canyon Web Mall, North Lake Consulting, North Lake LLC Company, 602-242-4014, 855-333-2582, 888-617-2009.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skylink-USA/Phoenix-Arizona/Skylink-USA-N-Point-Serv-North-Point-Web-Mall-West-Gate-Media-New-Name-again-Sa-1077056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skylink USA