Complaint Review: Skyp

• Updated: Tue, February 06, 2007

• Reported By:Fremont California
Skyp
skyp.com Internet U.S.A.

Skyp Full fee for unlimited US calls as advertised - paid. But my account is depleted wihtin a month. US ONLY. skyp.com Ripoff Internet

Skyp started charging for voice over IP calls to a phone, as of January 2007. They charge a fee of 14.95 for FREE unlimited US and Canada calls plus a $50.00 credit for international calls, with this inital subscription. They charge 1 to 4 cents per minute for overseas.

I paid my fees, which they charged in Euros? I used the Credit card and the account showed the credit. Yet my calls were ALL charged at the European rates, even though I called US numbers.

i made 2 or three 1 to 5 minute call overseaes, but the $50.00 was more than enought to cover these.
I wrote 4 emails to SKYP and it is like talking to the toilet. NO response. My money is gone, and no calls permitted. Why???

Amos
Fremont, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2007 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skyp/internet/Skyp-Full-fee-for-unlimited-US-calls-as-advertised-paid-But-my-account-is-depleted-wiht-234744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skyp