Complaint Review: Skype Calling

• Updated: Sat, March 21, 2009

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Skype Calling
www.skype.com Internet U.S.A.

Skype Calling DO NOT USE DOES NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS AND THERE IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER TO CALL Internet

On 9/8/08 I downloaded and paid to use skype for a week or so since I was in the process of switching cell phone companies and my old cellular service cut off my line before I was able to receive my new phone from the company I was switching too. I tried getting my line reactivated but they said it was going to take up to a week so I decided to use skype for $2.95 in which I received unlimited calling to cellular phones and land lines. I changed my skype settings so that I would not be auto billed for the following month but on 10/05/08 not even a month after I started using skype, they sent me an email saying that they had already billed me for that month.

I double checked my settings which were not set to auto bill me yet in the email they sent it stated : "You have ordered a monthly subscription product that you may cancel at any time from your Skype account. You will be charged every month on the same date (or as close as possible), until you cancel your subscription. Please note that if you wish to cancel your subscription, the cancellation will take effect from the end of the last billed period. If you wish to terminate your service immediately, you may do so by requesting a refund here: http://www.skype.com/go/recurring_cs"

I clicked on the link provided and tried to request a refund for my money on more than one occasion but they never responded to me and I never got my money back. I was planning on disputing the charges on my credit card to get my money back but because it was only $2.95 I felt it wasn't worth the hassle. Still I am very upset that I never heard back from Skype and that there is no phone number in which you would be able to talk to someone and figure out how to get your money back.

I'm sure other people have lost more money than I did but it is the principle of the business that if someone requests not to be auto billed every month than they should make sure it doesn't happen or else what would be the point of even having that option. On top of that they claim to refund your money upon terminating your services immediately which I canceled my services the same day I was charged. My advice NEVER use skype, you'll never get your money back.

Liz
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2009 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skype-Calling/internet/Skype-Calling-DO-NOT-USE-DOES-NOT-RESPOND-TO-EMAILS-AND-THERE-IS-NOT-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-NUMB-436419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skype Calling