Complaint Review: Skype

• Updated: Sun, May 25, 2014

• Reported By: Kez — East Ivanhoe, Victoria Alabama
Skype
Internet USA

Skype No Credit card refund - I could not enter my Skype account one day after YEARS of use  is. Internet

My circle of endless fruitless communications with Skype began with me not being able to sign on to use Skype. I have been using it for years both to Skype and, more recently, to make telephone calls. When not able to sign in, I tried what I thought were the correct passwords, emails, etc. but was told that I was not able to be verified and sent to a link: support.microsoft.com/skype/hostpage.aspx?language=en&locale=en-us&oaspworkflow=start_1.0.0.0&needslogin=false&wfname=skype&supportoption=email&SupportTopic_L1=32090809&SupportTopic_L2=32090839&ccsid=635174617998361738 I completed this to the best of my ability. But NOOOO, this was not good enough (yet it asks a lot, an incredible amount, of personal information that should be verifiable). I was sent another email telling me that the expert could not verify me. I duly went to the verification site again - filled it out again - got another email saying that I could not be verified - then tried again - all the time also being sent a link to their oh so wonderful privacy policy. In my last few rounds of emails I have sent a request to have a refund - I have been told that they cannot do this because I cannot be verified. I am asking for a blank refund form - this does not require me to be identifiable - it requires them to send me a blank refund form. I went to the Skype site to lodge a complaint - this time emailing contactus@skype.net - found on an obscure place in which another complaint had been lodged with Skype. This is an email that is no longer active! I then tried to type in 'refund' or 'complaint' = no help for those of us who, again, have been 'non-verified'. This is simply theft and must be stopped, as must this policy of wearing people out with endless emails about how they understand this is frustrating and thanking us for our patience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2014 05:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skype/internet/Skype-No-Credit-card-refund-I-could-not-enter-my-Skype-account-one-day-after-YEARS-of-u-1149500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skype