Complaint Review: Skype

• Updated: Fri, November 14, 2008

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Skype
www.skype.com Nationwide Luxembourg

Skype Sold me a Skype-In phone number using my credit card then wouldn't provide what else was necessary for calling! Luxembourg, Europe Internet

I paid for an Skype account and "credits" of 3-months' duration, then I paid for a "Skype-In" number which allows people to call in to me through Skype. I first tried to use Paypal - Paypal is OWNED by Skype - to pay for these services, but it was taking too long to process, so I used my credit card and it was processed in a few days.

After paying for the account and number with my credit card with no problem, Skype revealed that it would be necessary to pay an additional amount of money for more Skype "credits" in order to use the Skype-In number, but they INSISTED that I use Paypal or another questionable service for payment - which I was unwilling to use - rather than my credit card.

I contacted them by email and they replied after several weeks' delay stating that I had been set up with a "voucher" that I could use to pay for the necessary Skype "credits", but that was UNTRUE.

I was never able to use the service as it had been described on their website and finally gave up, so they got money from me and provided NO SERVICE.

Their website is extremely frustrating to use as clicking on any link sends the user to page after page that does not provide complete information on the process including all charges a person can expect to pay.

Yvonne
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2008 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Skype/nationwide/Skype-Sold-me-a-Skype-In-phone-number-using-my-credit-card-then-wouldnt-provide-what-else-391395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Skype