Complaint Review: Sleek Med Spa Burlington

• Updated: Thu, June 07, 2012

• Reported By: Mary — Arlington Massachusetts United States of America
Sleek Med Spa Burlington
75 Middlesex Turnpike Burlington, Massachusetts United States of America

Sleek Med Spa Burlington I went yesterday, for my scheduled laser hair removal appointment and was told that they no longer honor the LIFETIME package. Burlington, Massachusetts

*UPDATE Employee: Laser Hair Removal Package

I went yesterday to Sleek Spa Burlington for my scheduled laser hair removal appointment.

Several years ago and many thousands of dollars later, I signed up for the LIFETIME warranty package.

After my appointment I was given a letter from Jefferey LaGrasso, MD.,  stating they are no longer honoring that package.   I can understand that they discontinue this package however, I would expect anyone who has this package is grandfathered.  Not the case!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleek-Med-Spa-Burlington/Burlington-Massachusetts-/Sleek-Med-Spa-Burlington-I-went-yesterday-for-my-scheduled-laser-hair-removal-appointmen-886875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleek Med Spa Burlington

Laser Hair Removal Package

AUTHOR: Alexandra Morgan - (United States of America)

Hi Mary,

I wanted to explain to you why we cancelled your package. The letter you received from Dr. LaGrasso states this as well.

Hair growth is a multi-factorial process. It can be related to hormonal imbalance, medications, sun exposure, genetics, and other factors.  It is also related to the type, quantity, quality and pigment of the actual hair follicle.

Typical reduction in hair growth with laser hair removal treatments is between 6 to 8 treatments spaced approximately 4 to 8 weeks apart. If you have received between 12 and 16 treatments, which is double the standard treatment protocol, it is most likely that the remaining hair is resistant to further laser hair removal treatments. Therefore, by exceeding this amount one should not expect to have any further reduction in hair growth. There is no way to guarantee that you will ever have 100% reduction in hair
growth.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and understanding and for providing us with the opportunity to be of service to you. We hope that you will consider us again in the future on your journey to looking and feeling your best.

Thanks,