- Report: #883583
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Sleek MedSpa Burlington
Sleek MedSpa Burlington75 Middlesex Tpke Burlington, Massachusetts United States of America
Sleek MedSpa Burlington No longer honoring lifetime packages / guarantee for laser hair removal Burlington, Massachusetts
*UPDATE Employee: Laser Hair Removal
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
"Typical reduction in hair growth with laser hair removal treatments is betewen 6-8 treatements spaced approximately 4 to 8 weeks apart. If you have received between 12 and 16 treatments, which is double the standard treatment protocol, it is most likely that the remaining hair is resistant to further laser hair removal treatments. Therefore, by exceeding this amount one should not expect to have any further reduction in hair growth. There is no way to guarantee that you will ever have 100% reduction in hair growth."
I suppose I'm one of the luckier individuals here as I've had 22 laser hair removal treatment, yes 22. When I purchased by Lifetime package I specifially asked "Rose" the sale person how many treatments it normally takes -- I was told that everyone was different but normally anywhere between 16 and 24.
I have had super results from my hair removal with just one or two spots that show regrowth; however, I was TOLD that the Lifetime package was just that.... LIFETIME...and if I ever had any regrowth or needed a touch up in certain spots - it would be covered under this Lifetime Guarantee. So basically Sleek Medspa lied --- can they legally go back on something like this?
While I'm at it let me air some other concerns I have with this Burlington Sleek Medspa location; as far as the memo I was handed today --- the staff seemed equally confused by it and I stood there while several girls read it and then basically had me wait for the office manager to explain it --- I got a brushed off explanation and was told that there was a phone number on the memo that I can call with any questions. Also...
1) On two occassions when I went for my treatment, the technician tried to perform the procedure without giving me the eye protection goggles. The first time I protested I was told they weren't necessary........I said I wanted them and was then given a pair. The 2nd time I was told that they ran out of goggles and that the Manager had them on order, but that she would give me some folded up paper towels to put over my eyes. My response was "You're kidding right? You want to come at my face with a laser and not protect my eyes?!!!! NO WAY!" I then got up from the table and said I was leaving -- the tech then offered to go look for goggles and came back with a pair ---- That was my apptointment before today's.
2) Seems like only some of the laser techs are truly trained - the girl I had today is great but sadly she's only worked on me a few times during my 22 visits. I have had an experience with tech who I'm assuming set the laser too high and after the first ZING I protested so much she lowered it and then rushed thru the appointment. Yes I complained and was given a bunch of excuses from who I thought was the Manager "Maybe you scrubbed your face too hard before your appointment. Were you out in the sun? It's normal for it to sting a bit" I never had that tech again --- and this happened during appointment #14.
3) They seem to have a large turn around in laser hair removal staff - random techs asked me what meds I was on etc ---- others just rushed thru the appointment --- only a handful took the time to answer my questions: I asked at least 3 different Techs over the course of my 22 appointments how many it usually takes for results --- I was basically given a similar answer as to when I first purchased the Lifetime package "For most people, around 14 to 24 appointments with touch ups here and there"
Like I said, I've had great results from my treatment and don't feel quite as cheated; however, I do think it's unfair for someone who has given thousands and thousands of dollars to Sleek with the promise of a Lifetime Hair Removal Guarantee -- and after a dozen treatments is basically told that they are now out of luck.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2012 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleek-MedSpa-Burlington/Burlington-Massachusetts-01803/Sleek-MedSpa-Burlington-No-longer-honoring-lifetime-packages-guarantee-for-laser-hair-r-883583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.