Complaint Review: Sleek Surgical & Medspa, Ft Laud

• Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Sherrie — Katy Texas United States of America
Sleek Surgical & Medspa, Ft Laud
3109 Stirling Road Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Sleek Surgical & Medspa, Ft Laud Jeffrey LaGrasso, M.D. Sleek Medspa ripped me off of $3,422.50 for a refundable downpayment on liposuction. Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Clarification

On February 14, 2012, I put a refundable down payment on liposuction of $3,422.50.  The reason they required the down payment at the time of my visit was because they were running a special that was ending soon.  Before they would do the surgery, they required me to have my primary doctor fill out a medical release form.

The medical release form was due to blood clots I had in February of 2008.  I was told by Dr Jeffrey LaGrasso and Olivia Szparski in our initial consultation, that my $3,422.50 would be fully refunded to me in the event that I could not obtain the medical release.

After multiple tries with my primary doctor, and my pulmonary doctor, I was not able to obtain a release.  I spoke with Olivia several times during this time keeping her posted.  I also asked her several times for my deposit back, and she kept giving me suggestions as to what to try next.   Never did she let me know that I would not receive my down payment back.  She was always helpful in trying to help me obtain a medical release so I could have the procedure preformed.

On December 22, 2012, I sent a letter to Dr LaGrasso, and copied Olivia, formally requesting my down payment.  I have heard nothing and after several phone calls, I am now receiving a message that the phone number is no longer in service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleek-Surgical-Medspa-Ft-Laud/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33312/Sleek-Surgical-Medspa-Ft-Laud-Jeffrey-LaGrasso-MD-Sleek-Medspa-ripped-me-off-of-34-1010330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleek Surgical & Medspa, Ft Laud

Clarification

AUTHOR: Chuck_BMG - ()

It is extremely unfortunate that this person and others were victimized by the shoddy and disreputable business practices of Sleek Medspa. It's also understandable that mistreated clients feel that innocent parties may be guilty by association. However, nothing is further from the truth. Keeping that in mind, some clarification is warranted regarding Dr. LaGrasso’s involvement with Sleek Medspa. Dr. LaGrasso is a respected board certified plastic surgeon who was hired as an independent contractor by Sleek Medspa to perform certain medical procedures. He has absolutely no management or proprietary interest in the company and never has. He had no knowledge of these transgressions until the complaints were made. In fact, before it closed its doors, Dr. LaGrasso had already parted ways Sleek Medspa because of payment checks that failed to clear the bank. In addition, he personally continues to seek legal remedies, both criminal and civil, against the actual owners of Sleek Medspa regarding their business practices and contractual obligations to Dr. LaGrasso. More importantly, Dr. LaGrasso is compassionate towards these clients. He displays a sense of moral outrage regarding the reprehensible treatment of Sleek Medspa's victims. In a recent interview, Dr. LaGrasso stated, "Part of The Hippocratic Oath is often misquoted as 'Do No Harm.' Still, it IS a fundamental tenet of reputable physicians. This includes business abuses as well as medical practices and procedures. I am not here to take advantage of or mistreat my patients, neither medically nor financially.” In the simplest of terms, if a bank president is accused of embezzling funds, you don't blame the bank teller. Dr. LaGrasso's involvement in these accusations should be viewed in the same light as he is blameless in the dishonorable business operations of Sleek Medspa.