Complaint Review: Sleek Surgical and Med Spa

• Updated: Thu, May 03, 2012

• Reported By: kdmb — St. Albans New York United States of America
Sleek Surgical and Med Spa
800B Fifth Avenue New York, New York United States of America

Sleek Surgical and Med Spa Dr. Haramis the resulting shape of my abdomen was the product of an unskilled surgeon. New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Customer service issues

*UPDATE Employee: Here to help with your customer service issues

*Consumer Comment: Question

I sent the following letter to Sleek Med Spa regarding the poor liposuction that they performed on my body. --

July 25, 2010

Dr. Harry T. Haramis, M.D., FACS Director of Surgery Sleek Surgical Spa 800B Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10065

Dear Dr. Haramis:

On February 19, 2009, you performed a liposuction procedure on my body that was suppose to suck fat out of my upper and lower abdomen and contour that area of my body. I made three subsequent trips to your office (April, May and October of 2009) following the initial follow up visit in order to inform you that I saw no changes in the overall appearance of my abdomen. You told me to give it up to nine months to see maximum results though your Liposuction Surgery Operative Form clearly states that final results will not be apparent for 3-6 months post-operatively.

After more than a year following the procedure, only my lower abdomen showed a slight difference despite exercise and compliance with a reduced calorie diet (please see before and after photos that are attached). It is now clear to me that no lipo was performed on my upper abdomen and that the resulting shape of my abdomen was the product of an unskilled surgeon. Additionally, you failed to contour the area according to accepted procedure. The Liposuction Surgery Operative Form from your office states that, The goal of liposuction surgeryis improvement of appearance. Please take a look at my photos- there is no improvement in the shape of my abdomen. Furthermore, I have no feeling in my lower abdomen and experience frequent itching in that area following the procedure that you performed.

Dr. Haramis, your glossy newspaper advertisement (copy is attached) is very misleading and it fails to demonstrate real examples of your work. I am a hard working teacher and I worked hard to save and finance thousands of dollars to cover the expense of this surgery so I expected that you would at least perform the job that you promised when we metliposuction and contouring of the upper and lower abdomen. I now understand why you used such high pressure sales tactics to acquire business- you cannot depend on word of mouth because of the poor quality of your work.

Consequently, I am writing to request a full refund of the cost of the surgery in the amount of $6000 ($600 deposit on my master card + $2400 on care credit card + $3000 cash). In addition, I am seeking $24 ,000 for the emotional distress and pain that resulted from the surgery. If you have any additional questions, please contact me at ----------- Sincerely,

Kdmb

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2010 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleek-Surgical-and-Med-Spa/New-York-New-York-10065/Sleek-Surgical-and-Med-Spa-Dr-Haramis-the-resulting-shape-of-my-abdomen-was-the-product-o-654514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleek Surgical and Med Spa

Customer service issues

AUTHOR: Alexandra Morgan - (United States of America)

Hello,

We apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our facility.  It is rare that our patients are unhappy with their surgery because at SLEEK we strive to make sure that all of our patients are satisfied. We have been in business for over 13 years and have treated over 150,000 very satisfied patients. Dr. Haramis is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a great deal of experience and patient safety and satisfaction is our #1 priority.

I have some questions for you: 1) did you inform the General Manager at the facility about your concerns and the bad experience you had with us on your last visit? 2) Was there a report filed by the GM and submitted to our corporate office regarding your concerns? 3) After communicating with the GM what resolution came about regarding your issues? 4) Did our corporate office reach out to you and updated you on a resolution for your complaint?

We greatly appreciate your responses to these questions. This will help with getting this situation resolved for you in a timely manner. You are a valued client at SLEEK and thank you for your patience in this matter. I also encourage you to leave your contact information so I can get in touch with you, or contact me directly at amorgan@sleekmedspa.com.

Thanks so much,
Alex

Here to help with your customer service issues

AUTHOR: Alexandra Morgan - (United States of America)

Hello,

I truly apologize you are not happy with your surgical results. This is a very rare occurrence and we here at SLEEK strive on making sure that all of our patients are satisfied. We have been in business for over 13 years and have treated over 150,000 very satisfied patients. Patient safety and satisfaction is our #1 priority. I have some questions for you: 1) did you inform the General Manager at the facility about your concerns and the bad experience you had with us on your last visit? 2) Was there a report filed by the GM and submitted to our corporate office regarding your concerns? 3) After communicating with the GM what resolution came about regarding your issues? 4) Did our corporate office reach out to you and update you on a resolution for your complaint?

We greatly appreciate your responses to these questions. This will help with getting this situation resolved for you in a timely manner. You are a valued client at SLEEK and thank you for your patience in this matter. If you could personally email me at amorgan@sleekmedspa.com, I would be happy to speak with you about this further.

Thanks so much,
Alex

Question

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Did you check this physician out with the AASP? Did you follow the instructions that they gave you (if they gave you) ie: wearing a body girdle.