Complaint Review: Sleep Number Bed

• Submitted: Wed, April 03, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: JP, MD — Poughkeepsie New York
Sleep Number Bed

Sleep Number Bed Product is garbage, company a scam, no recourse available Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Update About Mattress's

*Consumer Comment: A good product

Sleep Number beds are total garbage.  A queen is made of 2 crappy air mattresses surrounded by strips of foam rubber, topped with a foam topping.  The foam topping ripped after a few months, and that is when I realized I paid $2000 for a pile of crap.  I got NO satisfaction from the company or the local mall store where I purchased it. There is no actual company. There is just a bank of telemarketers and customer service reps on the phone who will send you a box of new crappy foam to replace the ripped crappy foam.  Plus, they want you to mail back the old crappy foam. There is no one in charge, there is no company that is standing behind this product. I can't even find an address to mail a letter of complaint to. I only found Plymouth, MN online.  But it doesn't matter, as this company is a telemarketing/internet scam with no integrity. I purchased it in a mall store, but no one there has any authority and they just refer you to the phone banks, where you continue to get stonewalled and get nowhere.
I am out of all of this money.  I have 8 spinal fusions, am on disability, and thought this mattress would be good for me. But I was wrong.  You could just buy an air mattress for 90 bucks and get the same thing.
I am so angry, I could spit.  Sleep Number is the biggest scam out there, and I wish I could get the word out.  If anyone would like to help me do this, I would greatly appreciate it, and so will all the people out there who are thinking of buying this bag of garbage. Please help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleep-Number-Bed/internet/Sleep-Number-Bed-Product-is-garbage-company-a-scam-no-recourse-available-Internet-1040478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleep Number Bed

Update About Mattress's

AUTHOR: sean - ()

Hello,

I'm sorry you have had trouble with your mattress. Sleep number uses very high quality foams and the air chambers are made up of 24 gauge vulcanized rubber. If you could see in a normal innerspring you would see layers of Dacron and other types of fiber fill that are not high quality nor are they a 20yr foams. If the company is willing to replace it I see no need to complain. If you buy other types of mattress's you will only be replacing them like you have in the past. You must understand what the materials are and how they work before you judge based on your knowledge of building mattress's. why don't you spend 2,000 on another mattress and replace it in 10yrs when the springs wear out.

A good product

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

I will, of course, be accused of working for the company, but we have had Sleep Number (formerly Select Comfort) beds since the early 90's and are very satisfied with them.

Once many years ago we had a leak at a connection and they replaced all the parts free.  Since then we have not had any problems at all.

If you open up a conventional mattress you just find cheap wood parts, wire and springs.  You just get to see what's inside normally.

I agree that they cost too much but I think ALL mattresses are far too expensive.

We are satisfied customers.

P.S. I don't know where their plant and/or office is either.  Not uncommon in the Internet world unfortunately.  I haven't tried (or needed to) but I expect the people in the stores can supply you with that information.