Complaint Review: Sleep Number / Select Comfort

• Submitted: Sat, March 25, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 12, 2006

• Reported By:Somewhere Rhode Island
Sleep Number / Select Comfort
Emerald Square Mall, 1st Floor North ATtleboro, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Sleep Number / Select Comfort piece of crap North Attleboro Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: i agree that the numbers dont stay where you set them

Ordered the bed, total junk. Foam and air padding. A total joke for the $1500 it cost.

I set the bed on #25, woke up and it was at #100 and hard as a rock! A few more nights of this craziness and I named the bed Christine.

Called the company and they sent me a new pump for it. SO....had to disassemble the junk pile and install the new pump. Lo and behold, the next morning I wake up on a rock again, set at #100.

I flip. Called the company, it was going to cost me $200 to ship it back I told her to sharpen her pencil that I didn't think so. I told her that they sold me a defective product, they should be eating the shipping. She supposedly "researched" my area and found there to be an irregular signal that was making the bed pump itself up. Yeah, ok sista. Just pick this P.O.S. up asap. So they sent UPS to my house to pick up the piece of junk and it did end up costing me $100.

It was a comfortable bed when it stayed at the number I selected, but not at all worth the aggravation! Go away for a weekend instead of buying this box of foam and air.

Beth
Somewhere, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2006 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleep-Number-Select-Comfort/North-ATtleboro-Massachusetts/Sleep-Number-Select-Comfort-piece-of-crap-North-Attleboro-Massachusetts-183287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleep Number / Select Comfort

i agree that the numbers dont stay where you set them

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I owned a select comfort sleep number 9000, the highest model. The numbers move up and down like there is no tomorrow every other night. There rumors going on the web that their pumps are not stable and will inflate and deflate the bed making it hard to get use to it. The salesman I dealt with denied that it occurs, well, I can tell you it does. That is not acceptable for a $4,400 bed.

The bed is also lumpy, the edges are higher than the center piece of the bed. The bed also transfer motion, something the company claims it does not. Their foams are a piece of crap. It is already falling apart and no longer comfortable. This bed also does not conform to your body as they stated. This bed is really uncomfortable to sleep on one's side and stomach. I wake up sore and uncomfortable every morning. I usually wake up 3-4 times a night. It is not like sleeping in heaven but hell