Complaint Review: Sleep Number

• Updated: Wed, August 31, 2011

• Reported By: jen — Stevenson Ranch California United States of America
Sleep Number
Capitola,, California United States of America

Sleep Number Select Comfort Bed does not hold up as promised / company refuses to honor warranty Capitola, California

I purchased a Sleep Number 7000 in 2004 from the Capitola , CA Mall location. I had been looking at beds for months and made several trips to the store. I dealt with a bald man I believe was named Bob. he was very knowledgeable and spent alot of time with me. I was complaining about my previous bed because it had gotten lumpy. Bob told me that memory foam was material made by NASA and that it would not rut or get lumpy like most beds.

This mattress cannot be turned or flipped because of the air hoses so this was a huge concern to me. I paid about $3000 for this mattress (no box spring or anything else). I was told the mattress has a 20 year warranty and if it got lumpy, the company would send me a new pillowtop and I could simply zip the old one off and put on the one they would send me.

Over time, the mattress has gotten very lumpy and is quite uncomfortable. I e-mailed customer service and went back and forth for 2 days with no resolution other than that I should take the mattress apart and "fluff" it. This is ridiculous and not what I was promised to I called and wasted 3 phone calls and more than an hour only to be told a new pillowtop would cost $1000.

I have three friends with the exact same problem on their beds , one of which threw theirs away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2011 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleep-Number/Capitola-California-/Sleep-Number-Select-Comfort-Bed-does-not-hold-up-as-promised-company-refuses-to-honor-wa-771490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleep Number