Complaint Review: Sleepy's

• Submitted: Thu, October 24, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, October 24, 2013

• Reported By: FED UP WITH GARBAGE CUSTOMER SERVICE — Massapequa New York
1000 S Oyster Bay Rd Hicksville, New York USA

I purchased a King Size Mattress from Sleepy's 5 years ago that has a 10 Year warranty, the delivery men came to my house with 2 box springs and the mattress. They placed the box springs on my sleigh bed frame that has double supports, accepted my gratuity and away they went.. Since 1957 Sleepy's has the experience to have earned the name “The Mattress Professionals”.... HA! HA! HA!...... After calling Sleepy's and complaining about a defective mattress, they sent out their Professional Mattress Inspector who took 4 weeks to contact me. Upon his inspection (which btw, my mattress looks brand new) he told me they (Sleepy's) would contact me with the results..... We'll I just received a phone call with the results... IMPROPER SUPPORT WAS THEIR CLAIM.... WARRANTY VOIDED..... I then called customer support to inquire, and also ask that when the box springs and mattress were delivered and placed on my frame, why didn't the delivery men tell me that the so called lack of framing would void my warranty if their was ever an issue ??? The customer reps response was "their not Professionals", just delivery men.

So the TERM "Mattress Professionals" doesn't really apply to everyone that they employ. I'm wondering how many Warranties are voided due to Improper Support, just because the unprofessional delivery man doesn't have the experience or knowledge to inform the non-mattress public people that the Frame that they currently have would void any warranty moving forward. I bet that would help everyone get the correct support required for their new $3K and up mattress. Sleepy's would then have to find a new excuse for voiding warranties. My next reviews will be to the BBB, RipoffReport.com,  resellerratings.com, & every other internet site I can find.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2013 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleepys/Hicksville-New-York-11801/Sleepys-VOIDS-WARRANTY-WITH-BOGUS-IMPROPER-SUPPORT-CLAIM-Wantagh-NEW-YORK-1094317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleepy's