Complaint Review: Sleepy's

• Updated: Sat, July 30, 2011

• Reported By: Led — New York New York United States of America
Sleepy's
New York, New York United States of America

Sleepy's Sleepys.com Overcharged. I was offered a lower price and then charged a higher price on my CC New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Sleepy's care

I went into the store on 62nd and Lex to buy a bed-frame i saw online for $79.99. The sales person at the store told me they do not have that particular frame but that she could give the same price on another frame that was originally priced at $99.99. I agreed to the terms and went ahead and purchased the frame, thinking i was only going to pay $79.99 plus tax. No receipt was provided to me and I was rushed out the store. Having to carry the frame myself, I too forgot to ask for the receipt.

I went home and saw my CC was charged for the full amount of $99.99 plus tax. When i called the store i was given the run around for 4 days between the store staff and the 1-800 customer service number. After 4 days i was able to get a hold of the person who sold me the frame. Not only she did not own up to her mistake, but proceeded to call me a liar and hung up on me in the most disrespectful way!

All you consumers out there beware of these bait and switch tactics. As indicated in the previous rip off report regarding this company, I too urge you to get everything in writing and make sure you inspect the merchandise thoroughly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2011 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleepys/New-York-New-York-10022/Sleepys-Sleepyscom-Overcharged-I-was-offered-a-lower-price-and-then-charged-a-higher-pr-752468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleepy's

Sleepy's care

AUTHOR: Cathy Sable - (USA)

We sincerely regret that your experience with Sleepy's has not met the standard of quality service and support that we aspire to provide our customers. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your concern, and intend to reach a resolution that will be satisfactory to you. Please reach out to me at csable@mattress.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you. Thank you.