Complaint Review: Sleepy's

*Author of original report: Regarding WOW

*Consumer Comment: Wow

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Complaint

Dear Mr Acker

I purchased a Sealy mattress in 2009 for over $1300, about two years into owning the mattress it began to sag on one side. Throughout my pregnancy this led to unrelenting back pain one on side which continues today. My husband has been also experiencing severe neck pain and has been seeing an orthopedic. I called the sleepys store where the mattress was purchased and they informed me to contact the Sealy regarding warrantee. Upon contacting Sealy they explained the warrantee was actually through Sleepys and to go through them first.

I contacted Sleepys 800 number and after numerous calls to get an inspector out and difficulties arranging a time; my mattress was finally inspected and was told I would hear from sleepys in 48 hours. Roughly 3 weeks later I still hadn't heard from Sleepys and has to call customer service was told that they are issuing a credit for a little over $700, I received no letter, no explanation from sleepys, no apologies for the hassle or defective mattress. I go to a sleepys store and obviously realize you can't get a mattress for the credit price.

I do not want the same defective mattress and even that would cost me delivery... Why should I pay delivery to have a replacement mattress brought to me and defective mattress removed when this is no fault of mine? Additionally I was informed that if I chose another brand as I wish to do they could not sell me only a mattress but then I would have to buy a new box spring; this blew my mind... I would not be allowed to buy a matters without purchasing a box spring!!! Then I asked about a clearance set or floor model of a different brand and was informed I could not do that either!!!

To me this does not sound like a warranty, rather a scam to to make me spend more money at your store that originally sold me something defective. I should be able to return the entire set and get my money back. The level of incompetence , unprofessionalism, and discomfort myself and my husband have been subjected is astonishing. I feel like I have been duped by your so called warranty and claim of customer satisfaction and have been ultimately ripped off.

I will never recommend sleepy's to anyone I know and will tell everyone about their deceptive warranty claims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2013 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sleepys/internet/Sleepys-Dissatisfied-Customer-Warranty-issues-Internet-1022853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sleepy's

Regarding WOW

AUTHOR: Melis - (United States of America)

Thank you for concern with my complaint. Wow is right!!! I bought the mattress in August 2009 with a 10 year warranty. i have had the mattress under 4 years and began experiencing problems 1 year ago (.... I guess all I have to say is that I purchased a bed with a warranty and am entitled to a replacement under the conditions of warranty contract.

Wow

AUTHOR: Batman - (United States of America)

If Sleepy's gives you any more than that $700 credit, then they're a bunch of suckers...

You had that mattress for FOUR YEARS now and they're giving you over 50% back in store credit with no questions asked, and you're still complaining!?! Wow... you got some nerve.

And any pain or discomfort you're experiencing now is really because of your own stupidity. You bought the mattress in 2009 and claim that it went sour only two years later, when you were pregnant, making it 2011 that it became uncomfortable to sleep on. IT'S NOW 2013! You slept on it for TWO MORE YEARS before bothering to follow up with anyone on the situation? Seriously???

Who continues to sleep on an uncomfortable mattress that is causing them pain for TWO MORE YEARS? Pain so serious it's described by you as "severe" and required visits to an "orthopedic." (doctor, I presume)

TWO YEARS! You go that long without doing something and that's called personal negligence and would make YOU responsible for any medical conditions you may be suffering, no matter if the mattress was actually defective or not. Honestly, it also makes you look quite dumb.

You should take your credit and run. If Sleepy's knew any better, they'd realize crazy people like you are no-win situations anyway. Anything Sleepy's does for you at this point won't be enough because you won't be happy unless you're given the world, and even then you'd complain about how long it took or the effort you had to put forth to get it. I kinda feel sorry for them now...

Customer Complaint

AUTHOR: Cathy Sable - (USA)

Deat Melissa,

Thank you for sharing your concerns, and bringing this issue to our attention. We would like to turn your experience from negative into a positive one. Please reach out to our team of specialists at Sleepy's, at csable@mattress.com, with your invoice number or customer code, and include a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you. We wish to address the complications you experienced, and reach an immediate resolution. We look forward to working with you, and resolving your issue.

football