Complaint Review: Slidell Nissan

• Submitted: Wed, May 21, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2009

• Reported By:Lacombe Louisiana
Slidell Nissan
Howze Beach Rd. Slidell, La. Slidell, Louisiana U.S.A.

Slidell Nissan ripoff tricked and lied to us Slidell Louisiana

*Consumer Suggestion: Best way to deal with this problem....to prevent it in the future..

I bought a 2002 Nissan Sentra SER SpectV car in November 2002 for $19,000.00. I loved the car. I traded in a 1990 Nissan 4X4 Truck with 100,000 miles on it, with 4 brand new Goodyear tires on it. They gave me $500 trade in off the sticker price of the car. $2,000 cash to give to my Dad for the truck.

I cannot afford the car anymore, so I tried to trade it in. They wanted to give me $9,000 trade-in for the car, which I still owe $20,000 for it. The NADA Blue Book Average Trade-In is $14,400. The Average Retail is $16,575.00. They told me if I came up with $4,000 cash I could get out of the contract. Which means the car isn't worth only $9,000. It's worth $14,400 to them. They also told me I would get 5.9% financing.

I found out yesterday it was 15%. That's why I can't get anything paid towards the principle by paying $460.00 per month. It makes me believe the car went down in value $10,000 in one year. Is that possible? What can I do other than letting the car go back and ruining my credit?

Christopher
Lacombe, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2003 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Slidell-Nissan/Slidell-Louisiana-70458/Slidell-Nissan-ripoff-tricked-and-lied-to-us-Slidell-Louisiana-57775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Slidell Nissan

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Shajo12345 - (U.S.A.)

Hey.. Im not here with an attitude like most are, Im just here to say, I have purchased a 2008 Nissan Maxima from Nissan of Slidell... After shopping MS, LA, AL, FL, TN, TX, the BEST deal I could jew out of these people came from right here in Slidell, LA... Best advice to ANYONE who finances a car, USE YOUR OWN BANK, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, DO NOT GO WITH DEALER FINANCING.... Your bank and you can decide whats best for you, and if your credit is good, they will give you just the same in an intrest rate, maybe a little higher, but... is it worth a lower intrest rate when you end up loosing $3K out of the deal for going with the dealer???? I dont think it ways out... USE YOUR BANK! DO NOT LET THEM SPEAK TO YOUR BANK OR ARRANGE IT..... They faught so hard to do this with me, but Im an ass when it comes to dealers.. The highest trade amount I was giving at any dealer was $300 for a 97 model, loaded, EB Explorer, 290K miles on it... I went for 4 weeks jewing different dealers, and didnt menchin my trade, for obvious reasons, when I got the car where I wanted, which was dirt cheap for a brand new one (remind you, these dealers are just as easily screwable as us consumers! Gotta work um) Then I said, ok, Ill take it... ONLY, if I get what I want for trade... so this took another week of jewing... they finally came to a high number of $1500 for my trade. (NADA, KBB only list for 1200 trade value...) I fought til I got $3K for my trade.. Which, I signed papers on my new maxima, no other dealer in the US could have come close, you just gotta pick at their apples, and make a point I KNOW WHAT I WANT!! AND WONT SETTLE FOR LESS!!! if so, get up and walk out, I dont it about 10 times purchasing this car... When asked what payments your looking for, say " I will bring you a check for the car once we come to a deal after crunching some numbers!" ENOUGH said... Continue jewing... Dealers make there money off helpless people, that just arent educated enough on the car buying process... Did I menchin I was barely 23 and did this deal all alone, with no help from parents, or anyone...

DEALERS LIE CHEAT AND MOST OF ALL STEAL!!!! so, best way to win.... YOU do the same thing as they.... LIE, CHEAT, and STEAL your new car right out from under them. Let me tell you, my truck had ALOT of electrical problems... Thousands to replace harnesses that caught on fire,, but, they never not once seen that.... B/c I traded in the day in the bright sunshine... ;) he he

Other big time electrical problems with it, but what they dont know, doesnt hurt them.. just as they do us, right?

Dont jump into a car deal, do your homework, you can save yourself $$$$$$$$$$!!!!! and alot of it... I almost paid 31K in the begining, but after I did my homework and learned to be sly and shady, I got the same identical car, for less than 24K, with less then 10 miles on it, still wrapped in plastic!!

Hope this helps save someones $$, and hope they can screw some dealers, I know I have, and DAMN!! it feels so good everytime I slip into the seat of my beautiful Maxima....

#2 Consumer Suggestion