Complaint Review: Slim 4 Life KC

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Penny — Olathe Kansas United States of America
Slim 4 Life KC
Kansas City Metro Locations Internet United States of America

Slim 4 Life KC Slim4Life Kansas City Adds on radio, internet says up to 30lbs in 30 days for only $30 but expects you to pay a minimum of $327 for just one month of slim4life. There is no way they can even promise on their advertised cos Internet

*Consumer Comment: Atkins Diet

*Consumer Comment: Slim 4 Life KC

BAIT & SWITCH BAIT & SWITCH BAIT & SWITCH BAIT & SWITCH BAIT & SWITCH BAIT & SWITCH

You will hear adds on the radio and see them on the website slim4life.com but they are blatantly lying to you! The add reads: Lose up to 30lbs in 30 days for only $30!!!. Sounds great! So you go there for their free 30 minute consultation and leave feeling like you were just swindled! And had they been up front you wouldnt have wasted your time because you know better.

They offer three plans. A 2-yr plan that costs $999 "but for you" theres a discount of $350 so you will only need to pay $649. A 1-yr plan that costs $899 "but for you" theres a discount of $350 so you will only need to pay $549. The advertised special price is $327. AM I MISSING SOMETHING THERE???? The advertised price is clearly advertised on their own website as $30...not $327. What's with the BAIT & SWITCH?

Sound like a ripoff yet?
(Keep Reading)

During your free 30 minute consultation, they will tell you how what they do works, show you some pictures of vegetables, fruits, meats, grains and then dive right into the supplements that they strongly recommend you take. These supplements are special, meaning that you probably can't find them on the store shelves so that way they can make you pay more for your supplements when you have to buy direct from them.

Also be warned that the cost of these plans just covers a supplement package, counseling, and enrollment in the program. After youve paid them $649, $549, $327 you will still need to pay supplements every month or so. There supplement packages are around $100-$200.

They speak to you like it's a month to month payment plan but they do not offer that, you see, you are expected to may that massive chunk right then, right there!

The presentation on what they actually offer you is very lacking. You will not get a clear idea of what they do unless you fork over the dough. It is probably because what they do for you is nothing more than what you could already do for yourself. Eating fruits, veggies, meats, grains in the right portions is something you already know how to do. What they really offer is to rip you off. But I like to be buttered up first before I get ripped off.

If its too good to be true it definitly is too good to be true. Slim4life business practices are deplorable.

How about some honesty and clarity in your business?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Slim-4-Life-KC/internet/Slim-4-Life-KC-Slim4Life-Kansas-City-Adds-on-radio-internet-says-up-to-30lbs-in-30-days-f-925396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Slim 4 Life KC

Atkins Diet

AUTHOR: C.L. - ()

Slim4Life is selling the Adkins diet. It is a low carb diet

It works but you can buy the book and do this yourself. The councillor's act bored with you and don't care once your money is paid. They have you come in to get weighed so they can sell you more bars and etc. I couldn't believe how nonchalant they treated me once I was signed up. I never heard from them until they figured out I quit the plan and refused to pay the remainder of my installments for over two months!

I signed up at $698 dollars to be given a piece of paper that basically said I could eat all the meat and green vegetables I wanted.  I had to pay for my supplements, shakes and protein bars separately.

I did lose 30 pounds in 30 days you don't need them to do this! I also did 30 minutes of very brisk treadmil 4 days a week when I was on their program. Don't pay for this. You should also know this diet makes your hair fall out because your body isn't getting enough biotin which comes from carbohydrates.  If you go low carb take extra biotin.

Slim 4 Life KC

AUTHOR: jniseda - (United States of America)

The writer of this report responded to the lose up to 30 pounds in 30 days for $30 ads being run by Slim4Life in Kansas City.  If you listen to the ad or read the website very carefully it mentions that the price does not include supplements.  As with any weightloss plan there is something that is needed to help a dieter follow the path to loss.  We all know we need to eat less, get more exercise and eat healthier.  Yet we usually don't do it without some sort of aid.  Slim4Life provides that assistance in the form of supplements and "counseling".

I started the Slim4Life diet 2 weeks ago and have lost over 10 pounds.  The supplements I take have helped curb my appetite and given me more energy.  I should note that other diets using just diet changes and exercise have not produced those results.  While there is some truth to the notion that clients are really customers for their expensive products, the cost of my supplements has already been covered in what I have saved in food costs and eating out.

They must be doing something right because there are many people waiting to see a counselor every time I go to see one and check my progress.

Don't be lured into thinking that any diet plan, especially ones offered by businesses, will be the panacea for everyone.  Research the companies and their plans then go from there.