Complaint Review: Slim 4 Life

• Submitted: Tue, March 13, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: Shame on you Darla Jay — Overland Park Kansas United States of America
Slim 4 Life
135 th and State Line Leawood, Kansas United States of America

Slim 4 Life Bum's Rush, Bait and Switch your wallet gets lighter in a hurry! Leawood, Kansas

I said going in that I needed an aggressive 30 day program for an upcoming ski trip and said I would like to know the price of such a program. They had a $30/30 day+ supplement. I was shocked at the price but went on knowing I would be back in 3 days and would get total information on the program. On the first visit I felt like I got the bum's rush, was only there 10 minutes, passed around to three people, then sent out the door with baggy of supplements and vitamins many of which I already own and my wallet $438 lighter.  They said I would loose 5 to 10lbs before my orientation visit in 3 days, I only lost two. No big deal but I started getting suspicious. Was sent to a room with someone who was to explain the program and give me a diet and information to follow on the program. The diet they gave me a bird would loose weight on so my thought was what are the supplements for? While sitting there I was reading the literature and noticed that the supplements they gave me were insufficient to complete the 30 day program. I raised this issue and was told that I would need to buy more. I said that was not the deal. I made it clear I wanted to know the total cost of the 30 day program before I made my decision. There answer was $438.

I said I want my money back. The person left the room and came back the the manager and she explained that it was not refundable. I said I want my money back. She left the room to make a call and came back in the room, took a pen and marked out on the brochure the amount of supplements required and wrote in a lesser amount. Then told me now you have enough.  I said I want my money back and she said she can not do that and would have someone call me. After two weeks no call. Then told I need to fill out a form I filled out the form and took it to there headquarters and got more run around about meetings a committees and investigations.

Long story short It has been a month and a half and they will not give my money back. A sure sign of a scam is not having anyone in charge that can make a decision and the owner is a secret. That is the case here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2012 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Slim-4-Life/Leawood-Kansas-/Slim-4-Life-Bums-Rush-Bait-and-Switch-your-wallet-gets-lighter-in-a-hurry-Leawood-Kan-853109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Slim 4 Life