Complaint Review: Slim Patches, Tree House Marketing, LLC

• Submitted: Wed, November 27, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, November 27, 2002

• Reported By:Marco Island FL
Slim Patches, Tree House Marketing, LLC
740 North 530 East Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Slim Patches, Tree House Marketing Bedfordshire GB, ripoff orderd month's supply ($ 19.95) of Slim Patches, received 90 and no directions. Visa bill $199.99. ripoff consumer fraud Orem Utah

My order arrived from the United Kingdom and had gone through customs. It was in a plain envelope with a small sentence stating that if undeliverable send to Orem, Utah. Inside were several packets of the patches with instructions for applying. I presumed that it was my order for a month's supply as a trial for which I would pay $ 19.95. Unfortunately, I had given the gentleman on the phone my Visa Card number. When the month was over I realized that I still had quite a few left over and had no idea what to do with them. I think there were maybe 90 patches involved. After giving them to friends to try, etc., I still have 40 patches and that's when we received our Visa bill.

We had the charge of $ 199.95 as of October 22, 2002. I immediately called Visa and they advised me to return the ones I had and complain. Visa would not charge interest for 30 days.

I finally located the company that makes the patches and they have been most helpful. The company from which I purchased them is no longer in business and has been taken over by Tree House. Following several phone calls with no answer, busy signals, etc., I finally reached Tree House and was told that if I hadn't returned the unasked for patches following the one month they then could charge (and collect) the $199.95. No one had ever mentioned the fact that that should be done. She kept referring to something I had signed. I never signed anything!

Urbana, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2002 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Slim-Patches-Tree-House-Marketing-LLC/Orem-Utah-84058/Slim-Patches-Tree-House-Marketing-Bedfordshire-GB-ripoff-orderd-months-supply-1995-36425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Slim Patches, Tree House Marketing, LLC