Complaint Review: SlimBody Seduction, GNS,

• Submitted: Wed, September 10, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 05, 2010

• Reported By:Costa Mesa California
SlimBody Seduction, GNS,
6452 Fig Street, Suite A Arvada, Colorado U.S.A.

SlimBody Seduction, GNS, Total scam- 21 day "free trial" a complete manipulation Arvada Colorado

*Author of original report: Class Action Lawsuit Filed

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

*Author of original report: Update GNS

*Consumer Comment: NOTHING IS FREE!

I hear a commercial saying "take part in our survey and receive a free trial of Slim Body Seduction" a weight-loss pill. The catch is you pay S&H. I decide to try the product, after all, it's free- right? WRONG!

The first charge on my credit card is for the Shipping & Handling. I expected this. Next, I get an email that says the following: "Recently you purchased a GNS product that offered the special 'buy now pay later offer.' The trial period has elapsed since the date of your order. Your credit card was charged this morning for the balance owed on the product you have received. If you have any questions on this order please feel free to contact us at support@global-nutrition.com."

I immediately email back to cancel any auto-ship program that my credit card is now signed up for. I receive confirmation of this and the next day there is a 49.95 charge on my card.

Apparently, the 21 day free trial is for you to keep the pills "free" 21 days, then they charge you the full amount of the product exactly 21 days later. This is hardly free. It is a total scam. I have returned the product to the address they have listed and am STILL waiting for my refund. I have had to cancel my credit card to keep them from charging the recurring shipment that I will never get.

I will never do business with this company again. Also, when you call the number listed on your credit card statement- it is disconnected. Read the fine print. I guess I was too busy saying no, I don't want your other products to see that my "free" trial of the supplement was a "buy now pay later" scam.

Amber
Costa Mesa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2008 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SlimBody-Seduction-GNS/Arvada-Colorado-80004/SlimBody-Seduction-GNS-Total-scam-21-day-free-trial-a-complete-manipulation-Arvada-Co-371591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SlimBody Seduction, GNS,

Class Action Lawsuit Filed

AUTHOR: Amber - (U.S.A.)

Hi All-

Even though I was able to get my money back from these people, others have not been so lucky. I received the following email regarding a class action law suit filed against this company:

NOTICE TO CONSUMERS WHO PURCHASED PRODUCTS FROM NUTRAPILLS d/b/a NUTRALANE, GOLF NUTRITION SCIENCE, GNS, and VITRASUN You are receiving this notice because, if you havent already gotten a full refund, you may be entitled to a refund of any outstanding charges you incurred through your transactions with the above companies. The Colorado State Attorney Generals Office has entered into a settlement agreement with the above-referenced companies to refund consumers who purchased products from the above-referenced companies and did not already receive a full refund. If you believe you are entitled to a refund on this basis, reply to this email or call our customer support team, toll-free, at at 1-888-798-4733 prior to June 30, 2010 If you email, please provide the following information: Your full name Your address Your phone number If you are owed a refund, all refunds will be credited to the credit card we have on file for you. If this credit card account is no longer available, or if you wish to have the refund credited to a different credit or debit card account, be sure to call us at the above referenced phone number. Do not send credit card information over the internet. If you have any questions concerning this matter, contact the above referenced customer service phone number.

I got my money back but I thought I would post this for those who have not. Good luck!

Company Response

AUTHOR: Gns - (U.S.A.)

Amber,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact us at 1-800-595-4670 and we will gladly address your concerns and resolve this issue.

Sincerely,
Supervisor
GNS

Update GNS

AUTHOR: Amber - (U.S.A.)

I had to send back the product with FedEx so that I had proof of delivery. They then said it was two days past the 30 day return date and they could only give me a credit for half. I told them if they did not issue the refund in full, I would request the balance from my credit card in the form of a chargeback to them. I know that chargebacks typically cost a company $15-25 per occurrence whether they are valid or not. If they refuse to give you your money back, threaten a chargeback- it changes their tune considerably.

NOTHING IS FREE!

AUTHOR: Investigator - (U.S.A.)

I just looked at the GNS website from which the consumer ordered the "Slim Seduction." First of all, the consumer has no room to complain about "hidden charges" when the terms are printed on the SAME PAGE.

Within those terms (which are brief and surprisingly easy to read) it tells you that the "21-day trial" is a free trial period--not a free bottle--for the cost of shipping and handling only. It's a "try it before you buy it" type offer for a full-month's supply of "Slim Seduction" that utilizes rear billing.

No matter how unfair this may seem to a consumer, they place their electronice signature on these terms when they click the "I agree to Terms and Conditions" box and enter their credit card information. That is considered a legal and binding financial agreement. This is why I urge consumers to be smart about their internet orders and READ.

ALSO: Any offer on the internet--or anywhere else for that matter--that boasts "FREE*" should be taken with a large grain of salt. The "asterick" (*) implies that there are terms involved, such as extra charges, a membership, etc. A company would probably go bankrupt if they sent out free product with no way of turning a profit. NOTHING IS FREE!!