Complaint Review: Slomin's Shield

• Reported By: John H — Springfield Pennsylvania United States of America
Slomin's Shield
125 Lauman Lane Hicksville, New York United States of America

Slomin's Shield Security Scam Hicksville, New York

I have been a customer of Slomin's Shield for nearly ten years.  I have never been impressed with Slomin's customer service except when it's time to renew your contract.  Which is why I have never recommending them to anyone I know even when they ask.  But I recently decided to recommend them to my uncle.

The rep came out and pretty much wasted our time.  He was rude and unprofessional to say the least.  He inferred we were wasting his time and, when we asked him to provide my uncle with just ONE extra key fob to close the deal, you thought we were asking him to donate a kidney.  Fast forward a week.  I called ADT.  Within five minutes, not only did ADT provide my uncle with the extra key fob but knocked off the activation fee as well to gain a new customer.  And it's only a three year contract.  It is a wireless system unlike Slomin's that still wants to hard wire their system and lock you in for a FIVE YEAR contract.

So buyers beware!!  Make sure you know you are getting into a five year contract!!!  As stated, their services is mediocre at best.  I am currently in a contract with them. Rest assure, I will not be renewal with them this time around regardless of the incentives.  Stay away from Slomins.  You won't regret it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Slomins-Shield/Hicksville-New-York-11801/Slomins-Shield-Security-Scam-Hicksville-New-York-1005410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Slomin's Shield