Complaint Review: Slomin's

• Submitted: Sun, September 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2009

• Reported By:holbrook New York
Slomin's
125 Lauman Lane , New York U.S.A.

Slomin's WHEN OIL PRICES INCREASED SLOMIN'S TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME 125 Lauman Lane New York

*Consumer Comment: Slomins is fraud

*Consumer Suggestion: I TOO AM A VICTIM OF SLOMIN'S PRICE GOUGING

My husband and I had called Slomin's because at the time we needed an oil tank. A salesman came to our home and acted as if he was our very best friend. We purchased the oil tank, he offered us a payment plan free of any charges as told us we had two years to pay it off. He then sold us an oil contract, somewhere around 2.52 per gallon.

When the oil prices went up about 7 months ago, we received a letter in the mail that we were not purchasing enough oil all of a sudden and that they would not be able to continue the contract. I then received another letter asking me to pay over $300.00 for early contract release!!

When my husband called after explaining the situation 4 times and that it was not our choice to end the contract, they did credit that late charge. I then tried to make my online payment to Slomin's as I did monthly to pay for the oil tank and was not able to.

I then received a phone call from a very rude collection person at Slomin's and she asked me when I was going to pay the balance of the oil tank in full. Since, they broke the oil contract I was suddenly expected to pay for the tank in full! I told her that was very unfair and that I had signed a different contract for the tank and it said nothing to back up what she was saying.

A few weeks later, I received a call from Alliance Collection as they had forwarded the balance of the oil tank to collection. Before this I sent a letter via Slomin's website to a Manager to complain about the situation as well as the rude individual who had called me.

I never received any correpsondance back from them.
They sent me to collection for a little over 500.00. I explained to the collection agent the problem and she stated that was unfair, but would I make the payments to the collection agency?! I told her no, I was not late on my payments and I would mail them directly to Slomin's.
In the meantime I am to send her a letter and copy of the contract.

I think Slomin's was very unfair as well as unprofessional. The original salesperson then had the nerve to call and ask me if I was still interested in an alarm!!! I could surely use the help in finding where I stand at this point, if I could have paid in FULL at the time I would have.

Mich
holbrook, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2008 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Slomins/New-York-11801/Slomins-WHEN-OIL-PRICES-INCREASED-SLOMINS-TOOK-ADVANTAGE-OF-ME-125-Lauman-Lane-New-York-372868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Slomin's

Slomins is fraud

AUTHOR: Richard S. - (U.S.A.)

Slomins doesnt care about its oil company, they only want to be in the alarm business. The son in law of this company who now operates this company is driving it to the ground. Jason is greedy and doesnt believe in customer service, just getting people to sign on to his bottom line. They will lie to you and make false promises in every aspect to secure your money. Once they have it, you are on your own. write to your friends and family and post on the web, its the only power we have until some attorney general gets wind of what this company is trying to do. Drop them as fast as you can, hurt them where it will hurt the most.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I TOO AM A VICTIM OF SLOMIN'S PRICE GOUGING

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

I read your rip off report and am having similar issues with Slomins. Their customer service is LOUSY. I just wanted to suggest that you file a complaint like I did with Suffolk County Consumer Affairs AND the NYS Attorney General's Office.

This is the link for the Consumer Affairs complaint form.

The woman from the Consumer Affairs office told me that the complaint will remain on file for 11 years. In the meantime, they can also help you get your money back and stop the attorney/collectors from harassing you.

Also the Attorney Generals office, if they get your complaint, plus mine and God knows how many other people that this company has ripped off, they can put them out of business or even order them to pay us all damages.

Here is the Attorney General's complaint form:

Please make sure you file both!

Good luck and hope this info helps.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC