Complaint Review: Slumberland Furniture

• Updated: Sat, June 05, 2010

• Reported By: William — Springfield Missouri United States of America
Slumberland Furniture
1831 E Independence St Springfield, Missouri United States of America

Slumberland Furniture Promised 12 months no intrest/no payments and now I owe payments with late fee Springfield, Missouri

*Author of original report: Great help from Slumberland after all!

My family recently visited the Slumberland, Springfield, MO, store to purchase a reclining couch.  We knew we weren't going to make a purchase unless we could receive no interest and no payments for 12 month and made that clear to the sales professional.  The sales professional, Derick Broyles, was helpful and made it clear that if our credit was approved we would qualify for no interest and no payments for 12 months.  We were approved with surplus and as we signed the paperwork we again confirmed that there would be no payments for 12 months.

I should have READ the paperwork in detail rather than extend good faith.

We've now received our second bill, bills which the sales professional told us we could ignore, with an attached late fee and must pay the Wells Fargo financial institution the payment.  While Wells Fargo was not able to waive the late fee since this was not a Wells Fargo error they did offer to amend the financing with agreement from the store.

I contacted the store to see about verifying or correcting the financing but was informed that Derick no longer works there.  A woman named Judy was quite adamant that no interest/no payment finance options did not exist in the Slumberland store.  This seemed to contradict what Wells Fargo associates told me, in that they would alter the financing with store approval.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2010 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Slumberland-Furniture/Springfield-Missouri-65802/Slumberland-Furniture-Promised-12-months-no-intrestno-payments-and-now-I-owe-payments-wi-608405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Slumberland Furniture

Great help from Slumberland after all!

AUTHOR: William E - (United States of America)

COMPLAINT RESOLVED.

I was recently contacted by the store manager and we politely discussed the problem.  He actually went out of his way to fix the issue and even make up for some of my trouble, so that was awesome.  It's one thing to have an issue but a whole different world when someone will go to such lengths to fix the problem.

COMLAINT RESOLVED.