Complaint Review: Small Business Organization ,SBO

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Small Business Organization ,SBO
12335 Santa Monica Blvd. #339 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Small Business Organization ,SBO Scam! Scam! Scam! Los Angeles California

I received a voice mail after business hours today from this company called Small Business Organization, stating I had signed up for a "Home Office Survival Kit". In the voice mail, they gave me a phone number to call: (877) 726-4222, if I had questions about activating their service, or if I wanted to cancel before billing. They also provided me with an email address of support@sbo-online.org to activate my service.

***That got my attention as I had not signed up for anything!***

Within 15 minutes of receiving the voice mail, I looked them up on the internet, then called the number and spoke with Tina. I told her I had not signed up for any such service. She said that I had signed up earlier today through a web site called the "valuewiseshopper.com" (I have never heard of that website or visited it) and then gave me a screen name that I had used to sign up for their service.

Funny thing is this - the screen name she gave me is not my screen name. They apparently made it up using my first name, then a period, then my last name with @yahoo.com. Nice try............but not mine, now or ever.

In addition, the only web site that I've visited today is "irs.gov" since I've been working on my taxes all day long!

I did ask her what credit card number of mine they had, and she said that their billing was done on my telephone bill rather than through a credit card. Well how convenient that is since my business number is published in the phone book! I can't believe they can just stick some bogus charge on my phone bill without the phone company being able to stop them.

At any rate, the whole situation is bogus, fraud, scam, you name it! I provided this company with absolutely no information and somehow they said I did. And I'm a one-woman show here, and no one else was in my office, on my phone or on my computer today but me!

I will be calling the phone company tomorrow morning to block them from ever placing any charges on my phone bill.

Do not associate with this company!

Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Small-Business-Organization-SBO/Los-Angeles-California-90025/Small-Business-Organization-SBO-Scam-Scam-Scam-Los-Angeles-California-474689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Small Business Organization ,SBO