Complaint Review: Smart Credit (dot) com

• Updated: Mon, November 14, 2011

• Reported By: Deborah1962 — Fresno California United States of America
Smart Credit (dot) com

Smart Credit (dot) com rip off, free trial scam Internet

*Author of original report: Pressure to remove the original entry

Saw an opportunity online business that had SmartCredit (dot) com as an offer and it had a free 30 day trial then afterwards if you did not cancel before the 30 days was up, you were supposed to be charged about $30.

I read the entire document before agreeing to the service.  It was a typical document full of jargon only a law student or lawyer could understand, gave no indication they would be charging me for anything within the 30 days.

Today, I see after 4 days into the trial, they charged my Visa card the approx $30 for their services.  I have contacted them and cancelled my account with them.  A fairly inexpensive lesson I might add but since this is Saturday and no one from my bank or the business in question open, I am left having to wait until Monday to hit the ground running with this.

According to their documents, there's no refunds, however, I can see where someone willfully continued their service AFTER the 30 days free trial period (prominently displayed as such on their website).

What concerns me and it should be broadcasted is that they have a small paragraph in their email at the bottom in their lawyer "ese" that says they can charge at any time for scores without notice.  This smacks of being able to dip into your bank account for any whim they may have under this ridiculous umbrella clause.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2011 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Credit-dot-com/internet/Smart-Credit-dot-com-rip-off-free-trial-scam-Internet-793439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Credit (dot) com

Pressure to remove the original entry

AUTHOR: Deborah1962 - (United States of America)

Someone from this SmartCredit agency wrote me to get me to remove the original entry because they said they refunded my money in good faith, I can come back, yadda yadda.  I explained I cannot remove the original post on this site but that I'd post that they did in fact refund my money.  I also replied that I would not be returning.  They said in their note they did nothing wrong.  If that was the case why refund?  Anyway, I hope this is sufficient to get this company off my back.  Will I return? nope, will I recommend them?  Nope.  My business with them has ended.  Maybe they'll get the hint and move on.  I have.