• Report: #720239

• Submitted: Thu, April 21, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 21, 2011

• Reported By: erica — Landisville Pennsylvania United States of America
Smart Credit

Smart Credit Easy Pay and Save Never paid my mortgage payment after holding 2 months worth of payments. When I called they said their site was down. Internet

I signed up for Smart Credit online after reading all the benefits it has to offer.  They state they can raise your credit score in 6 months if you follow their simple steps.  I have good credit, but have a few old blemishes after moving and not receiving statements in a timely manner.

They recommended several steps to take to improve my credit score.  Unfortunately, my lenders replied that nothing could change those marks on my credit report.   Also, Smart Credit gives you a Bogus credit score--it is not the same as the 3 reporting companies who mortgage lenders, etc go to when pulling your credit report.

They also recommended using an Easy Pay system for mortgage payments.  I have several properties and used this for 2 of them.   For the last 2 months they have collected 4 payments and have not paid my one mortgage--so essentially I have paid for 3 months now (I had to pay a late charge and my mortgage in arrears) and Easy Pay has 2 of my payments.  When I made my 7 th phone call regarding this, their reply was that the database was currently down--of course!!!

Do not use this system--it is totally bogus!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Credit/internet/Smart-Credit-Easy-Pay-and-Save-Never-paid-my-mortgage-payment-after-holding-2-months-wort-720239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Credit