Complaint Review: Smart Guy Techonology

• Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By:portland Oregon
Smart Guy Techonology
juan@smartguytechnology.com Internet U.S.A.

Juan M. Reyes - Smart Guy Techonology Juan charged $700 for my entire website to be made for my restaurant and has not even finished half of it, he was now charging $1800 and website was never even close to being finshed. ripoff Portland Oregon

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hugo's Cafe - Portland, OR

Juan M Reyes clamed 2 prices to make a website for my restaurant, 1 price was $500 which included a few pages, but if I wanted all details and for it to show up on yahoo and other popular websites it would be $700. He started July and by the end of 6 months the website was not even half way done, I had customers of my restaurant calling me explaining how poor my website looked, there was no menu, not organized and not finished.

I gave him 2 checks of $250 which summed up to $500 and was upset because my website was not even close to being finished, so you can see for yourself to see how unprofesional it looks. I spoke to him and asked him for the past code to get into my website and change a couple of things and he told me he was going to give it to me but avoided the whole conversation and since now still hasn't givin it to me

Lastly, presently a gentlemen called me and told me he could make my website in four days how ever many pages I wanted for only $199. Now when I told Juan to cancel he claimed and said that I owed him $1800 for a website not even done and threatened me to put me on collection, and there was never a contract because he did not want one, and he blocked my email address after I paid him $500 for a website not even done

I would really appreciate it if you guys took the time to look at my case thank you for your time.

P.S. We are not relative, we just have the same last name.

Hugo
portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2006 11:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Guy-Techonology/internet/Juan-M-Reyes-Smart-Guy-Techonology-Juan-charged-700-for-my-entire-website-to-be-made-f-175450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Guy Techonology

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hugo's Cafe - Portland, OR

AUTHOR: Juan - (United States of America)

This man is a total loser. His businesses failed because of his shady dealings and poor business management and practices. His restaurant and his wife's shop on the side also failed do to his incompetence in business. There are a whole lot of other details he did NOT shared in this posting. Such as him being broke and trying to made deals for work done and completed without having the money to pay. He should have also included Integra telecom for disconnecting his services for not paying. A wireless system was also installed for his caf as a hotspot for customer which setup services were never paid for. Three different websites were completed before he decided on one which he had many people comment with positive notes and even made some modification suggestion which were implemented to better the site traffic. An email service was also provided which was never paid for after 6 months of services. Four Domain names were purchased and managed which were never paid for and to this day those domain names are still under my management due to billing and administration. He also failed to mention that one of those checks he gave me bounced due to lack of funds in his bank account. The $1,800 billed to him was for services and products that I fronted money for out of my business pocket in order to improve his business in a sign of good faith. More than 6 month of personal attention, services and delivered products were paid for out of MY pocket not his and as for the contract agreement, he refused to sign anything that dealt with paying any money.

So, the bottom line is that his misplaced anger for his failed businesses and failed marriage were focused on me since I was the shoulder to cry on when it happened. After 6 month of carrying him I decided to request payment or he would be sent to collections. I spoke with him in person about our situation and he proceeded to tell be was filling for bankruptcy and closing down his businesses. When I returned to his place of business several weeks later it was closed down and empty with NO other contact information to try and recover loses with this deal.

How dare he soil my business name and his personal attack on me after trying to help him and his business as a consultant and sometime as a mediator between him and his wife. In closing, I wish him good mental health and hope he finds peace in his heart.