Complaint Review: Smart Real Estate- Gold Coast

• Submitted: Tue, May 22, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, May 22, 2012

• Reported By: dasbooty — United States of America
Smart Real Estate- Gold Coast

Smart Real Estate- Gold Coast Brad Scott and his team of slumlords Worst real estate agents on the coast- like being raped without the sex Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Smart Real Estate - Helping people move since 2007

Over a year ago I rented a property through Smart Real Estate. I thought I would never be happier after making this decision.

I could not have been more wrong!! Do not buy or rent  ANYTHING from this company. I was promised all the bells and whistles and was given none of it. Half the stuff in the property did not work and I had to badger the agents to get it repaired.

Eventually I received a call back from Brad Scott asking how they could help me. I told him the issues with the property. I told him if something wasn't done I would have to lodge a formal complaint- he told me to be careful becasue people can be locked out for less. It was a clear threat.

Its now been over 12 months and Im still not getting anywhere.

All this pain from his crappy little office in the back alley of Chevron- premium real estate agent my ass.

DO NOT BUY INTO THESE SCAMMERS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2012 10:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Real-Estate-Gold-Coast/internet/Smart-Real-Estate-Gold-Coast-Brad-Scott-and-his-team-of-slumlords-Worst-real-estate-agent-886732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Real Estate- Gold Coast

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Smart Real Estate - Helping people move since 2007

AUTHOR: Brad Scott - ()

We understand this tenant was not happy with a few things after moving into a Prestige Property. The tenant was very good when he first moved into the property. However he wished to Break his Lease which we were more then happy to assist him with.

After that, we received 1-2 maintenance requests weekly to make life very difficult. We had tradespeople at the property usually with 1-3 business days, and the owner never prevented maintenance being completed in a timely manner.

This tenant also threatened our staff, myself personally, and my family. Once he did that, we reported him to the Surfers Paradise Police, where we found out that he was very well known to the Police. He had criminal connections and was in fact under investigation at that time.

Im not sure what he means by "tenants have been locked out for less?". This statement does not make sense to me at all. Im not sure how we can lock a tenant out of their house? Does not really make sense?

We did not renew this tenants lease obviously and hope that he is happy in his new accommodation.

We have helped over 670 happy tenants move in and out of properties since 2007. Unfortunately had we known who this individual was at the time of approving his application, we definitely would not have allowed him to move into one of our properties. Unfortunately we have had 2-3 tenants since 2007 who have done the wrong thing by us and scammed us.

I am more then happy to discuss any concerns you may have regarding this tenants claim. Simply come down to our office and ask for Brad. We are not really in an alley way either, as opposed to a very large wide open street with 100+ free carparks for our tenants, landlords, buyers and vendors to come down and meet with us in person. We welcome any new enquiries and look forward to helping you sell or rent your property soon.

Kind regards,