Complaint Review: Smart Savings Center

• Submitted: Wed, July 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 15, 2009

• Reported By:San Bernardino California
Smart Savings Center
999 NW 51st St, STE 100 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Smart Savings Center - Smart Savings Center is a Scammer!! Boca Raton Florida

I bought a $6 book from DBS Books, one of the front companies of Smart Savings Center and it signed me up for membership without my knowledge. Its monthly charge was $19.95 and I did not catch the charge until two months later. It also charged my credit card $79 for 2-day shipping. Being asked what is the shipping charge for, they said it is an annual fee for shipping merchandise I might buy in future!! Basically I paid $118.90 for a $6 book. I found out later how they pulled the scam: When I bought the book, they signed me up for membership with a free 3-day trial. They don't tell you upfront about the membership and the fees while you are buying a book. Three days later, they hit me with the first membership charge ($19.95)!! After the seond membership charge, they slammed me with $79 for annual shipping charge. I have not even bought merchandises to be shipped.

I filed a complaint with BBB of Southeast Florida, sent an email to Florida's Attorney General, the district Attorney of Palm Beach County, my credit card company, and to Dateline, NBC for them to investigate this company. I will be writing more letters to other media and government agencies until this company stop scamming people.

Any suggestion as to what else I can do?

San Bernardino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2009 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Savings-Center/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431-4478/Smart-Savings-Center-Smart-Savings-Center-is-a-Scammer-Boca-Raton-Florida-470084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Savings Center