- Report: #409206
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Smart Savings Center
Smart Savings Centersmartsavingscenter.com Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.
Smart Savings Center Fraudulent Charges on cancelled order - Boca Raton Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I told them the book order was cancelled but they said the membership is different and I had 7 days to cancel. I told them i didn't get any e-mails regarding this membership or a warning before the 7 days of a renewal. Aren't companies supposed to warn you of a renewal and have to get your approval?? Most magazine subscriptions do this.
I was offered a 2 month refund out of the 3 they charged but I told them I want a full refund and would not accept anything less. I was told they would file a report and would be contacted in 2 days re: my request. In the meantime I called my credit card company and filed a dispute on fraudulent charges. I will update this report in 2 days after I hear from them.
- Does anyone know of a law that requires online or companies to get an approval from subscribers before they renew? I thought I read something about that one time. That clients are supposed to give approval for any renewal specially on 7 or 30 day trials like this.
Redondo Beach, California
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2009 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Savings-Center/Boca-Raton-Florida-33481-0365/Smart-Savings-Center-Fraudulent-Charges-on-cancelled-order-Boca-Raton-Florida-409206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.