Complaint Review: Smart Savings Center

• Submitted: Wed, January 21, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 21, 2009

• Reported By:Waynesboro Virginia
Smart Savings Center
P.O. Box 810365 Internet U.S.A.

Smart Savings Center Charged me $1.00 on my credit card when I purchased a book at DiscountBookSale.com Boca Raton Florida

I ordered a book at DiscountBookSale.com. The order went through and I have received confirmation that it has been shipped. However, as a result of ordering the book I was billed $1.00 on my Credit Card from

SmartSavingsCenter.com for a membership I did not purchase or agree to when I ordered the book at DiscountBookSale. I phoned SmartSavingsCenter and spoke with Chris to cancel my membership. She gave me a cancellation number and I requested her name. She said that it would take 7- 10 days for the charge to be credited on my credit card.

I will be following this to make sure that happens in a speedy manner. These kinds of things should not happen when ordering on the internet. They are taking adantage of online purchasers and unknowing consumers. Now this company, SmartSavingsCenter, has me credit card info which I did not give to them. They have it as a result of my purchase of a book at DiscountBookSale.

DiscountBookSale.com should remove the SmartSavingsCenter banner from their site. I will not order again from them as long as I see it there.

Alice
Waynesboro, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2009 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Savings-Center/internet/Smart-Savings-Center-Charged-me-100-on-my-credit-card-when-I-purchased-a-book-at-Discoun-414343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Savings Center