Complaint Review: Smart Savings Center

• Updated: Fri, January 09, 2009

• Reported By:mindoro Wisconsin
Smart Savings Center
smartsavingscenter.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Smart Savings Center I never signed up for their services, and yet they took money from my bank account Internet

I ordered a DVD from a company called hotmovies.com off of e-bay. Within a day or two I noticed a withdrawl from my checking account for $1.00 by an individual named smartsavin and there was a phone number attached.
I tried to call the number, but there was no one there. Two days later there was another withdrawl from my account. This time it was for $29.95. I received an email from smartsavings.com saying thanks for joining, except I didn't join!

I called my bank immediately. I reported the stolen funds, and changed my account to prevent any further withdrawls. My bank refunded the monies within 3 days.
My banker said he'd seen this scam before. They take the $1.00 to make sure the account is valid, and then they hit you with the sign up fee of $29.95. Most people don't see it on their statements until it's too late, so they can get away with it.

Brenda
mindoro, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2009 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Savings-Center/nationwide/Smart-Savings-Center-I-never-signed-up-for-their-services-and-yet-they-took-money-from-my-410032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Savings Center