Complaint Review: Smart Savings Center.com

• Submitted: Thu, January 01, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 01, 2009

• Reported By:stockton California
Smart Savings Center.com
smartsavingscenter.com/esg/default.aspx Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Smart Savings Center.com Billed bank card for unrequested membership automatically after a purchase of DVD from online video store Boca Raton Florida

I purchased a DVD from HotMovieSale.com. This included a five dollar discount (7 day free trial membership to SmartSavingsCenter.com. What they failed to mention was an automatic $29.95 monthly full membership.

I called the number for HotMovieSale.com, to complain. The number was direct to SmartSavingCenter.com. I explained that there was no mention of an automatic enrollment for $29.95, and was asked a few questions to verify that I was who I said I was. I was then told I would receive a refund of $29.95 on my next bank statement, and was given a conformation number.

I was also informed that my membership is cancelled and I would not receive any more debiting from my account. The person I delt with was very polite and well spoken.

The Ripoff can be stopped if you catch it, and are willing to waste your time jumping through the hoops necessary. This of course should not be, business people with ethics are declining and need to be put on the endangered species list.

Fight these scumbags for every penny, make it hurt too much to make it worth their while!

I just got another one today, here we go again

stockton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2009 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Savings-Centercom/Boca-Raton-Florida-33481-0365/Smart-Savings-Centercom-Billed-bank-card-for-unrequested-membership-automatically-after-a-406977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Savings Center.com