Complaint Review: Smart Shopper Savings Club

• Updated: Mon, September 17, 2012

• Reported By: Angry!! — Dundalk Maryland United States of America
Smart Shopper Savings Club
423 E Thunderbird Rd Ste 450 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Smart Shopper Savings Club CHECKCARD 0910 SUBSCRIPTN 888-523-8890 RIP OFF!! NAME CHANGERS Phoenix, Arizona

After signing up for job alerts, this place was advertised.  Because I included my phone # for the job search in my profile- they contacted me telling me that I could get a $50 Target Gift Certificate for signing up!

They said- it's an experimental coupon service of which all I had to pay was $2.95 for the shipping and handling.  Well- they said that if I decided to continue my services, then I would pay $64.35 every 6 months for 2 years to get said discounts.

I was also told that after the call ended - I would get a confirmation email very soon in which I would get a password and the site of which to visit.  I didn't get them- but what I did get is two charges immediately!  1 for $2.95 the other for $64.35- but I was able to intercept that.

Unknowingly- I thought that once i blocked the first payments, my so called contract would be voided seeing as how I didn't receive what I was promised and they weren't paid.  Nope!  They changed their name and took the $64.35 from my account.  Now my bank is telling me that there is no such thing as Check Card Protection- all they do is ask the company for a refund seeing as how they did not honor their contract.

What a waste of time!  I hate America.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2012 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Shopper-Savings-Club/Phoenix-Arizona-85022/Smart-Shopper-Savings-Club-CHECKCARD-0910-SUBSCRIPTN-888-523-8890-RIP-OFF-NAME-CHANGERS-942507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Shopper Savings Club