Complaint Review: Smart Shopper Savings Club

• Reported By: Cheryl H — Silver Spring Maryland USA
Smart Shopper Savings Club
423 E Thunderbird Rd., Ste 450 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Smart Shopper Savings Club Savings and entertainment program Phoenix, Arizona

This company is supposed to provide lots of coupons for groceries, etc. They charge $772.20 for 60 months of "savings" They CLAIM that I signed up in July, and to prove it to me played a recording of a telephone conversation that went on for several minutes with their sales rep doing all the talking. ONCE, I heard the word "yes" which might have been my voice, but nothing else on the recording to identify me as the other party on the phone.

They referenced a confirmation email that they sent on July 26. I found it waaayyy down in the bottom of my junk email folder. They refused to cancel. I only learned that I had supposedly signed up when I received two magazines that I'm POSITIVE I didn't order. They won't let me cancel the magazines. So far, I've received two magazines (incorrectly addressed, but forwarded by the person who received them!).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Smart-Shopper-Savings-Club/Phoenix-Arizona-85022/Smart-Shopper-Savings-Club-Savings-and-entertainment-program-Phoenix-Arizona-937056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Smart Shopper Savings Club